Notch polesaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Notch fiberglass/carbon fiber extension pole saw is conductive to electricity? I know it's not rated or recommended for use around electrical wires, but would there be any advantage over a silky aluminum pole? I know aluminum poles will fry you. Id like to get one for line clearance outside my MAD. Any opinions? Thanks.

Yeah I read that. Though the notch is a fiberglass/car on fiber mix. I've done some research and read that though carbon fiber is conductive it's not as conductive as metal.
My wife and I work together on this project and we have a quota of 15 trees a day. I'm looking for anything that'll help us get a few more trees. I think I'll order the 20 footer. Like I said it won't be used with in 10 ft of the 12Kv lines. Many time all a tree needs is a branch lobbed off to maintain a certain minimum distance. It would be useful I think.
It has to be safer then an aluminum polesaw. I know personally of a guy who made o e frim a pool net and got fried.

I have foam filled poles and a 15 in fanno saw blade that works great. But more then two six ft poles and it's pretty flimsy. I love the silky pole saw. You can get lots of stuff from the ground.

Got it....yeah, I love my silky too, but wouldn't use it within 10-20' of energized lines. (I think the sticker says 30 meters. That eliminates many yards...I think the house between me and the line is adequate protection!).

Got it....yeah, I love my silky too, but wouldn't use it within 10-20' of energized lines. (I think the sticker says 30 meters. That eliminates many yards...I think the house between me and the line is adequate protection!).

Latest posts

Back