Great site glad I found it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkiecabmaker

Reaction score
Nice site .
I've been looking at getting another saw and researching different saws got me here several times.
I have a Husqvarna 137e that I bought new about 10 years ago or so and has been, and still is a great saw for most everything I do.
I have some bigger trees I'm going to be getting into that a bigger saw would be nice.
I saw a Husqvarna 455 ranger on the market place used for 250 and thought about that, just seemed like I could do better so kept looking.
Tractor supply has the Poulan 5020 on sale for 179 which would probably work.
But there is a jonsered 670 on the market place for 150. Nice looking saw from the pics.
I'm torn between the old saw or a new one now.
Which one is going to be the better saw is a hard question.
Which one would most of you go with?

Definitely go for the 670 if, as Jerry stated, you are mechanically inclined. Very good saw with near endless parts out there. It shares many parts with the other two Jonsered saws in it's family and a number of Husqvarna saws in the same family. However if you have to "Hire It Done" you might want to go with a more modern saw. I personally have little taste for the home owner Poulans ......they work until they don't and if you need repairs done by a shop generally cheaper to buy a new one.
My opinion of any of the Husky 4XX series is not that much better...save your money and step up to the 5xx series like a 555 or 562 but even those should be fairly late model as the early ones had some issues.

Welcome to the site by-the-way!!

Thanks for the replies.
I am waiting for the guy to reply back with 670 .
If he does I'm going to go buy it.
I regrettably am mechanically inclined I'm 51 and grew up with a dad who owned a car lot and shop.
I started building cabinets when I was 18 and have done that ever since.
One of the best saws I ever had was an old poulan I dug out of a friends junk pile and got running.
I really do like my little saw I have and have not had to do anything to but keep the chain sharp, which is a lot more than some of the old saws I've had over the years.
I just put a wood burner in this year and have several old dead trees around the place to clean up.
Some are a little bigger than I care to try with the my little saw, it takes a little while to get through 24 to 28 inch dead oak log with a 36 cc saw:)

The 670 will eat trees that size for breakfast as long as the engine is in good mechanical condition. I have run a few of the 600 series Jonsereds and actually liked the power and speed of cut they have.

I made do with my old 021 cutting down 30" trees. It worked but took really long! My Cs-620 takes a 1/10 the time! It all depends on the budget and will power!

I had a Poulen 5020, what a POS! Luckily it blow up before the warranty expired and I got my money back. Was in the shop more than I used it. I’m sure I didn’t even get 1 cord with it.

I HIGHLY recommend leaving the Poulen 5020 in the box store where it belongs!

Well I had busy week and didn't have time to look at saws this week until yesterday.

I brought home a stihl ms 310 seems to cut really good.
I probably paid all its worth but it seems to do everything I need and has a new chain on it.
I paid 260 for it, and dropped a 24 inch dead white oak as soon as I got home.

Latest posts

Back