Mastermind Meets The Dolmar PS-6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had problems tuning carbs? Not use to strato saw and ours seemed to be running away and I attempted to turn it down and i turned way more than I would usually need to to get any response? Also this thing is cold natured and seems to have an erratic idle on a regular basis was warm. Between cuts while idling it will oscillate up and down just for a second?
Anybody else see this?
Also, gas sipper.

Just some limbing so far, and just holding it with an evil grin (neighbors are probably frightened), but should get to some big stuff this weekend. Can't wait! Thanks nnero. They're hella ornery, but I love em.

Got to put it in some pretty big wood today and was incredibly pleased, even though everything I've read shoulda led me to expect it. The only disappointment of the day was my current fitness level. One tree absolutely kicked my ass! Saw never stumbled or bogged down, and I only went through 2 1/2 tanks all day! I do understand why a 2 saw plan is recommended, as limbing with this wore me out a bit, but all in all, I didn't miss my 044 at any point all day.20160415_232345.jpg

Got to put it in some pretty big wood today and was incredibly pleased, even though everything I've read shoulda led me to expect it. The only disappointment of the day was my current fitness level. One tree absolutely kicked my ass! Saw never stumbled or bogged down, and I only went through 2 1/2 tanks all day! I do understand why a 2 saw plan is recommended, as limbing with this wore me out a bit, but all in all, I didn't miss my 044 at any point all day.View attachment 498644
Ya the 6100 is a surprising blast to run. A small limbing saw does pair well. I have a rear handle ms 192 that works well. But there are a lot of great small saws. Dolmar 421 is a very well liked one. Another is would like to try would be an Echo 361p

@derailedbus ,

no offense meant, but it looks like you cut through your holding/hindge wood in the cut! This is 'EXTREMLY DANGEROUS! I would advise against doing it. The hinge would look like this when the tree is downed.

husqvarna_conifer_felling_cut.jpg

You will require some wedges to that the tree does not pinch / jam / back sit onto your saw blade. With the hindge you direct the way it should fall!

Here is a quick overview on how to:
https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/logging/manual/felling.html

here a good video

No offense taken, as I know exactly what you mean. I didn't fell the tree, nor did my saw. I was however, tugging on the rope for a very long time. The tree was dangerously close to my friend's house, and he was comfortable felling it. He insisted on using his MS 290 with a 16" bar and cut the wedge alright but took the backcut from both sides all the way to the wedge and couldn't figure out what was going on. He had put in wedges but those of us on the end of the rope were just wondering why nothing was happening. I took a look at it and it still had a cylinder about 4" round in the middle that he couldn't reach. I shoulda just finished it with my saw but didn't want any responsibility, so we just tied it to his tractor and snapped it off. I just did the majority of the bucking withe my saw, and a little noodling to see what it was like. I've felled a few dozen trees (and all went the way I wanted them to), but still not confident enough near obstacles. I do appreciate the concern, however.

Kind of off topic /not off topic but how would the 7910 compare with a 288xp? I'm mean obviously the xp is bigger and I'd expect it to be more powerful but by how much?

I don't think he frequents this site much anymore. He did a shootout a year ago or so. The 6100, 562, 362, and 357 all came out very similar once ported
Pretty sure you can find him over at OPE.. haven't spoken to him in a while though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back