Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a chance to test out my big pioneer in some maple yesterday. Cut pretty good once I dialed the tune in. 32" 3/8 b/c combo. Impressive saw overall, just a bit heavy and lacking an automatic oiler.

received_1304164336392883.jpeg
received_2239534609697060.jpeg

Milled some live edge slabs from the trunk, turned out really nice. Probably going back next weekend to mill the rest (if the locals haven't turned it into firewood)

Got a chance to test out my big pioneer in some maple yesterday. Cut pretty good once I dialed the tune in. 32" 3/8 b/c combo. Impressive saw overall, just a bit heavy and lacking an automatic oiler.

View attachment 696909
View attachment 696910

Milled some live edge slabs from the trunk, turned out really nice. Probably going back next weekend to mill the rest (if the locals haven't turned it into firewood)

Internal smile on another Pioneer saved. Those saws dont exist here.

View attachment 696909
View attachment 696910

Very cool glad to see it working. Would love to see some of the slabs when your done.

Anyone have an IPL for a 14-20? [email protected]

Thanks in advance if anyone has 1 scanned they could send my way.

Also, just arrived yesterday and I was very pleased with how pristine the piston appears through the exhaust port. The piston has lots of grooves around it (ones that look like ring grooves). Never seen that before and curious about it.

Anyone have an IPL for a 14-20? [email protected]

Thanks in advance if anyone has 1 scanned they could send my way.

Also, just arrived yesterday and I was very pleased with how pristine the piston appears through the exhaust port. The piston has lots of grooves around it (ones that look like ring grooves). Never seen that before and curious about it.
Go to the very first post of this thread. The thread starter WesternSaw has a link to mediafire with lots of info folks put together. If it's not there send a pm to @ray benson .

I’m cleaning out a box of used parts and I found this muffler. Anyone know what all it fits on? I know it fits several larger p series saws.
e59f5b931eb695c3b3230e197cd2958a.jpg
5ec4b662bcbda3b63f1f42b6de73902e.jpg
1e0942c968deb9e762276874bec9af39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to the very first post of this thread. The thread starter WesternSaw has a link to mediafire with lots of info folks put together. If it's not there send a pm to @ray benson .

Thanks P61 Western! I missed that link. Found it right away. Only got bitten by this bug late 2016 when repairing some old saws for family, they know I like to tinker...hehe. So enjoyable!! It never ceases to amaze me how kind and helpful people are that share this passion. One of these days I’ll actually make it to a GTG.

Many thanks

Thanks P61 Western! I missed that link. Found it right away. Only got bitten by this bug late 2016 when repairing some old saws for family, they know I like to tinker...hehe. So enjoyable!! It never ceases to amaze me how kind and helpful people are that share this passion. One of these days I’ll actually make it to a GTG.

Many thanks
Your welcome and it sounds like the sickness has sunk in lol.

Your welcome and it sounds like the sickness has sunk in lol.

Definitely...lol. This is not a pic of the piston in my saw but a representative pic I found online of one for sale. It looks identical to mine. First piston I’ve seen with all those grooves. Very interesting and wondering the purpose of reasoning??

upload_2019-1-25_11-5-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-25_11-5-18.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-25_11-5-18.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 10
Back