Rental idea

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luism1

Reaction score
Hey guys lately I have been thinking of renting a rental chipper out to people . I know what you thinking what??? Well i have a F550 Dump chipper body. My local Rental place has a Chipper per day is $200 . What if i combine the rental chipper and my truck and rent it out to people ,will it be a Good idea or Not?

Hey guys lately I have been thinking of renting a rental chipper out to people . I know what you thinking what??? Well i have a F550 Dump chipper body. My local Rental place has a Chipper per day is $200 . What if i combine the rental chipper and my truck and rent it out to people ,will it be a Good idea or Not?
Renting out something you’re renting doesn’t sound wise from a liability side of things. Someone gets hurt or damages the rental, who pays? Sounds like a can of worms.

Why not offer chipping and hauling services and rent the chipper yourself?

My Dad used to rent out his F600 and Asplundh 16" chipper, with me driving the truck, and running the chipper. You would be surprised what idiot home owners will throw in your chipper just to see if it will go. Stuff like steel gate hinges, bricks, chain link fence posts. When your trusted employee tells them to get that stuff away from the chipper, they ask "what are they supposed to do with it?" They fully expect to throw steel fence posts through the chipper and have it grind them up. Poor Idea.

Back