Need guidance on putting a split second log lift on Supersplit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules083

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have the lift here in front of me. The directions say to go to their website for instructions on how to mount on a SuperSplit. That’s all well and good, except their damn website is down. Apparently they didn’t pay the bill. I can kind of figure out what needs done, and apparently some holes need drilled and my work table needs trimmed. Anyone have ideas here before I start drilling? At least some measurements on where to put the first hole? Thanks.

Attachments

• 92A7C3E9-08D2-44E2-A9D2-5D56B019E0BF.png
    92A7C3E9-08D2-44E2-A9D2-5D56B019E0BF.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 20
Here ya go I found this!

Awesome, thanks a lot!

I thought I had it about figured out last night, turns out I was right. Hadn’t started yet but figured that was how to do it. Good to know I’m right, was hesitant to drill everything without having a pretty good idea what to do.

55EDF87F-A12C-4E86-A649-00A0D5BE4F0B.jpeg Well, it’s on. Al good, no issues. Had to bend a small second of the table 1/4” or so, nothing to worry about.

If anyone is considering one I’d act now, seems like Split Second has gone out of business and these might not be around much longer.

I didn't realize they were going out of business. Another kinetic copycat bites the dust!!!

How do you like the log lift? I have thought of getting one.

1C72F779-01D9-4D20-B81A-B80DCF6A359F.jpeg
I didn't realize they were going out of business. Another kinetic copycat bites the dust!!!

How do you like the log lift? I have thought of getting one.

They might not be, I’m just guessing based on the website being down and the Facebook page being down.

So far I’m 100% satisfied. It removes quickly for transport and if you don’t need it. I used it once today to test and it picked up a heavy round easily. Otherwise I just stacked small stuff on the lift and used it like a prep shelf. Only split about the equivalent of 2-3 wheelbarrow loads, just wanted to try it out.

I've thought of adding a set of pulleys, and a cable, with a ratchet system. Hook the end of the cable on the SS ram, pull it through one cycle, and it raises the log lift 3 to 5". Repeat. Another lift of 3 to 5 inches. This way, the SS ram is harnessed to load the monsters, incrementaly.
I don't even have a SS, so I'm dreaming, but it might work well.

Back