• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 404 Windsor chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some Oregon and Carlton even a small amount of Mcculloch but no Windsor. Mike
I have Oregon and Carlton never tried mcculloch but I'm finding that the Windsor I have must have a better hardness as ive had it on one of my saws for years and I've cut maple red oak white oak locust and black wall nut yet it's the only chain I have that doesn't need sharpened and is like a knife has 63b on the drivelinks I have a Carlton chain same size length with about the same amount of use and it is noticeably dull compared side by side

I had a chain like that. I had gotten it hot when I ground it. Stayed sharp for a long time but when I tried to sharpen it with a file, it would not touch it.
That could very well happen with this one I guess I'll find out when I finally get it dull right now I can still see the factory grind marks if all these chains were made that good I don't understand why there isn't a lot more of it around it's performance is amazing

Yea if it was that good the others would do it or go out of business. But then again they want the customer to be able to sharpen with a file.
Might be why they went out of business but in all seriousness if all chain was this tuff it would be worth paying a shop to resharpen it if it's going to last that long again

I have an old Windsor roll laying around can’t remember if it’s 404 or 3/8.

7A0F6E35-DFBC-41AB-BE97-ACD7F0B17248.jpeg DB419750-FF5F-4BEC-AF9E-0A009C7A2965.jpeg
I just checked and sorry it’s .050. I think it’s 3/8 as well.

I’ll need to look for the presets. I’ll pm you.

Latest posts

Back