The state of delusion.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lyngdal

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I spotted this on my morning Craigslist surfing. At that price point they will likely want a case, a couple extra chains and taxi fare to pick it up. perhaps I should send them to Lowes for one of the $42 Poulan saws.
I need a high quality chainsaw for $100 or less - $100 (sw Portland)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

condition: excellent

I find myself at the moment without a working chain saw and need to get one.
What I'm looking for:
Quality name brands only; Stihl, Husqvarna, Jonsereds, Echo, Sachs-Dolmar please. I might consider some Macs and Homelites as well. preferably a minimum of at least 50ccs. Must run as is and have sharp chain. Can't need carb work. My preference is to NOT spend the full $100, but I can for the right saw.

please let me know what you have, make and model. Also let me it's actual condition. (please use more words than "it runs".) also include pictures if at all possible. I would like this to be quick and easy...not a ton of back and forth. Thanks

text or email only. thanks!
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Surprised they don't want the wood cut for them while you're at it...

5-10 years ago you could probably get a 70's Mac to fit the bill, but those cheap saws are all but gone.

We
Millennial
Well, it IS from Portland. His old one probably burnt up when his ironic beard got tangled in the chain with his vintage artisan thrift store trash picked flannel shirt while he was adjusting his frog eyes.
Go snag a $42 Poulan, a can of orange krylon and let him talk you down to $80.

It's Craigslist, so it doesn't cost much $$ to go fishing, no matter how unreasonable the expectations might be.

"Would like free bank notes to use as packing material. Prefer $20 and $50 bills. No $1 bills!

Some crumpling is acceptable, but don't waste my time trying to get me to take your nasty, worn-out cash!"

What I find interesting is that the CL "chainsaw wanted" ad is relatively well-written.

I'm more accustomed to seeing ads where the people come across as being marginally functional at best.

I could believe that this is an oblivious person who is being completely sincere - but I could also believe that someone wrote that as a joke.

Its only a chainsaw, I see adds all the time looking for a free car, must be safety checked with near new tires, preferably with a full tank of gas and all functions working such as air conditioning and heater. Would be grate if the car can be delivered to , house# on such and such street.....LOL

We

Well, it IS from Portland. His old one probably burnt up when his ironic beard got tangled in the chain with his vintage artisan thrift store trash picked flannel shirt while he was adjusting his frog eyes.
Go snag a $42 Poulan, a can of orange krylon and let him talk you down to $80.
I think you're confusing Portland with Seattle.

Not much different than seeing old dirty Echo CS-400's with a sagging chain on the shelf at a pawn shop with a $299.99 price tag.

Or an old dirty beat down MS170 on craigslist for $175. Or a similarly worn out looking MS250 for $325.

Surprised they don't want the wood cut for them while you're at it...

5-10 years ago you could probably get a 70's Mac to fit the bill, but those cheap saws are all but gone.

Kind of like when you offer free wood....some ask if will split, deliver, and stack it too.

I know Shindaiwa isn’t a well respected name by some, but they do the job. I have picked up several good runners off Craigslist for less than $100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can give him a hand saw. It doesn’t have a carb and runs just fine as long as your arms go back and forth.:crazy:

Back