58CC JonCutter G5800

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're the same as the timberpro Chinese saw I have but 58cc instead of 62.
They work alright and start really easy but are about as fast as a 50cc homeowner saw out of the box, the lack of cutting speed is about the only complaint I have with mine. They don't quite run with 60cc saws but are also the same size as 45-50cc saws so I just think of them as 50cc saws. I've ported mine and added a bigger carb and intake so it runs more like a 60cc saw now.

NSEric, can you confirm Marco's theory of an 095 Husqvarna bar mount? I am almost positive the G4500 is, but was curious about the G5800.

I picked up a couple of the G4500's to tinker / kick around the farm with some... We shall see how they hold up...

I have a Oregon speed cut bar/chain for a husky 51 on my 62, don't know the number of the mount but its small husky.
I have 3/8 lp with a stihl 018 bar on my 4500, its about as fast as the .325 on the bigger saw, I should've put 3/8 lp on it too, hindsight is always 20/20 lol.
Most of these have rim sprockets, if not the clutch drum with it is really cheap to get.

Started Fence Row cleanup duties this past Saturday. We will see how it holds up...View attachment 700097
Any update? I am curious after seeing all of the ~$100 Zenoah clones from China. The JonCutter from Hutzl looks as good as any other Zenoah clone to tinker with. Maybe Farmertec will eventually offer spare parts. A saw that I would not feel bad putting a $10 P/C kit on.

So far one is working well, the other is still in the box... I have about a gallon of the recommended 25:1 through it to date, with the out of box tune. I hope to retune to 40:1 shortly and see if / how it wakes up any. I have no issue with the current performance level, but more power is always a good thing. The rainy weekends have put a damper on my progress with the old fence row. One issue / complaint I have is that the clutch area seems to collect trash and debris, however I am not sure this is a saw issue. I believe it is more of a condition(s) issue; flush cutting privet hedge to the ground seems to kick up a good bit of dirt and leaves. I have spoken to a few others with the saw and they have not had this issue. It will see its turn at firewood duty soon and I will know more; on the larger privet, 3"-4", it clears the chips ok.

I believe the G4500 and G5800 may share the same bottom end, but I am not positive. If FarmerTec does start offering spare parts for these saws, they may cost more than a new saw, but it would be nice. I almost wish they would offer a Husqvarna 55 clone, but the G5800 may be close enough in performance that it wouldn't be a sustainable option. The 55's intake design may also be a hindering factor.

The 4500 has a 32mm stroke and the 5800 has a 34mm if its actually the 58, sometimes the Chinese saws aren't the claimed cc, they make a 52 as well, it has the same 32mm stroke as the 45 with the same 45mm bore as the 58.
The cases are all the same the only difference between the saws is the crank, piston and cylinder.
Parts are easy to get on ebay or alliexpress.

Thanks! I have a have a Stihl 251 and am looking for something a little bigger. Wondering if the 5800 is a big enough jump.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

If you are going the FarmerTec route, I would consider the G372 (65cc / Husqvarna 365 clone)... IMHO; you probably want a 20cc jump in size to really notice a major difference in what tasks the saw can perform. I mentioned in another thread that I purchased a 562xp and then a 545 a few months later when I retired an older 45. Had I purchased the 545 first, I would have skipped the 562xp purchase and gotten a 372xp or 572xp when they became available.

Going from the G4500 to a G5800, you may see enough difference in them to warrant the purchase, however; I don't think you will see that performance difference between your 251 and the G5800...

Going from the G4500 to a G5800, you may see enough difference in them to warrant the purchase, however; I don't think you will see that performance difference between your 251 and the G5800...
That is what I was thinking. The horsepower is only .4 more but the rpm's aren't as high. It would probably be a wash. I was looking at the 372, for a little more than $200 it isn't a bad deal. I am not a professional logger so for me it will probably work fine. That or I might look for a slightly used Echo 590.

Just remember that Horsepower = (Torque * RPM) / 5252
It may produce better lugging ability to work through a nicked chain, etc. when bucking firewood, but you may not want to do a lot of felling with it... Everything is a tradeoff...

If the 5800 runs like my Chinese 62 did before mods, it will have good torque but only rev about 8000-9000rpm while cutting. They're not fast but don't slow down when you burry the bar, in bigger wood the 5800 will outperform the stihl 251 but in smaller stuff I'd rather have the 251.

Back