Almost defeated the mud today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4seasons

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The weather is horrible here since Thanksgiving. We got lots of rain, followed by snow that melted into slush and mud. After just a couple of days of sun to melt the snow, the rain set in and my mud has given birth to muck, and that is reproducing slime. I was running low on wood at the house and it is way too muddy to get up the hill to the wood stack. So with the lows last night in the teens I took advantage of the frozen ground and got some wood in.
Now I put a pretty good load on my K2500 with no sideboard, only a headboard. I measured it at 32" at the sides and 42" at the middle. In a 98" long bed that is 68" wide that averages out to 5.6 ft wide by 8.2 ft long and 2.94 ft tall, giving me 135 cubic feet. Even if you take a few feet away for the wheelwells. That is a full cord on this truck. Now it is seasoned pine along with oak and hickory that is starting to get a little pukey. As you can see it is not on the bump stops and with a few straps I wouldn't hesitate to head down the highway with this load. I only had to haul this a mile across my field and up my driveway though so I was going to get another load this afternoon. As soon as I went through the gate, it started spinning and I slid all the way to the bottom of the hill. I hope we get another good freeze tonight so I can get my truck out in the morning.
69e78aa197e4c3735086ea1173577107.jpg
90b54e9f583ef1907f5542f025447f91.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you were closer I'd pull you up the hill with my Ram :) All kidding aside I hope you get it out and gets the btu's up to the house!

I had my old Silverado stuck in the side yard twice this year, yard slopes and around here lots of clay. The weather this year is terrible. Supposed to be -6 by morning then start raining tomorrow night and all day Wednesday!!! With the 6” of snow on the ground that should be fun.

If you were closer I'd pull you up the hill with my Ram :) All kidding aside I hope you get it out and gets the btu's up to the house!
The only thing that would have pulled it out yesterday would have been a winch. Even my 4wd tractor with rice and canes won't get traction when only the top inch of mud thaws out. Last time I got it stuck it was closer to the road and I had my son pull me out with my Dodge.
I got up this morning just a few minutes before daylight while it was still 20° and it drove right out without slipping a tire. I have a cord on the carport now so I should be good for a while.

I feel your pain, I got stuck today just parking my truck in the barn :mad: as the wife says it looks like monster truck mud jam just trying to navigate the yard. Im about an hour and a half from you in Maryville.

Me and my brother are logging 7 acres tomorrow ....... with freeze and thaw than several inches of rain we might get a log or 2.
Praying for drought.

The only thing that would have pulled it out yesterday would have been a winch. Even my 4wd tractor with rice and canes won't get traction when only the top inch of mud thaws out. Last time I got it stuck it was closer to the road and I had my son pull me out with my Dodge.
I got up this morning just a few minutes before daylight while it was still 20° and it drove right out without slipping a tire. I have a cord on the carport now so I should be good for a while.

This has been my life also this winter - it becomes a layer of grease on steel plate.

What WAS a nice lawn and side yard next to basement access is now a full-on mud bog scene now frozen in time!! I only have a 2wd Ford and really torn it up after New Years and then completed the scenario off using my jeep and 4x8 trailer.

Oh well, we are almost at Feb and spring will be here eventually.

My mud was getting dehydrated, thank God it's raining today !!! I wouldn't know what to do it I didn't slip and slide in the mud while working !!

Latest posts

Back