MS180 Adjustable Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know Chris, But I think the linkages can be made to work with the adjustable body if it isn't a direct plug and play swap out.

Well then I guess i will order it up and see. :D

It's been sitting in an online checkout for a while now and I might as well complete the order.

Thanks for the response. :)

Read this thread from the start, only question is the throttle linkage modification:

Install a small screw behind the throttle linkage, blocking the slot, so that linkage will have enough travel to go WOT. Do not bend the linkage or the carb may not fully return to idle.

Any photos of this modification? Is it made at the carb's linkage connection or in the handle (trigger) area?

Working on a MS170, runs great, but it sounds like this upgrade can wake it up a bit.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31072077478...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1763wt_943

these are a aftermarket copy of the walbro wt carb used on 021 025 I am sure
they are from china, but I just fitted one to an ms170 just takes some modification.
like using the snout top of the other carb and drilling access holes through the white plastic near handle. I just finished the saw last week and it runs excellent. way better than the single adjust carb.

Are you saying that, minus swapping the snouts, that this is a fully-adjustable carb is also a direct swap? http://www.ebay.com/itm/31072077478...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1763wt_943

I don't mind getting and modding a wt215 as described in this thread if needed; but I'd much rather have a "plug and play" option since this is not my saw and I'm messing with it for free out of the kindness of my heart. LOL

Sorry to drag up a really old thread. Just bought a used ms180 on behalf of a friend of mine. He has zero small engine experience; so I was going to give it a once-over for him and do any necessary maintenance. Running lean at WOT. Went to adjust carb and found out that's not possible... which lead to doing the research that lead me to this thread.

MS170/180 has different impulse passage than MS250.
No problem. Just make sure to remove the tiny brass plug on the WT215 and block the 250 impulse passage. I use Yamabond to do that.
Otherwise, the carbs are plug & play.

Read this thread from the start, only question is the throttle linkage modification:

Install a small screw behind the throttle linkage, blocking the slot, so that linkage will have enough travel to go WOT. Do not bend the linkage or the carb may not fully return to idle.

Any photos of this modification? Is it made at the carb's linkage connection or in the handle (trigger) area?

Working on a MS170, runs great, but it sounds like this upgrade can wake it up a bit.

Thanks!
I’m doing this mod now don’t understand this step either. Did you figure it out?

Successfully did the swap to the WT-215.

I would love to see some photos of others muffler mods. Or ideas on what you did. All the old photos don’t show up any longer on this thread.

Tuning seemed optimal at 2600 rpms at idle and a steady 14200 max.

Also went to a 7t rim sprocket.

Successfully did the swap to the WT-215.

I would love to see some photos of others muffler mods. Or ideas on what you did. All the old photos don’t show up any longer on this thread.

Tuning seemed optimal at 2600 rpms at idle and a steady 14200 max.

Also went to a 7t rim sprocket.
I’ll try to dig up the pics

I bought this off ebay. Doesn't have the envirosense. Bolted right up. NO need to plug anything. Drilling the adjustment holes wasn't too bad when you look from the side and top, you should be pretty close.

Back