Bottom End 2150/2145 Jonsereds and Husky 350 etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used my plastic welding device to move around a little material after I ground out and reshaped some of the excesses. Turns out there was a tiny ooze from the oil tank. I welded in some Husky orange from the donor saw, then covered the mess as I had plenty of epoxy.

Then I dabbed some epoxy on the burned bearing seat, and pared down close to original dimensions.

Fitment check gives free rotation of the crank, so I'm going to pull it back apart and build on this.

20190113_085657.jpg

Well I'm going on with it and finding other issues as we go.

I bought a
537251302 intake boot and clamp figuring at least one saw would need it.

Since the 2150 intake was tight and won't slip off, and the 2145 slipped right off (both look a okay), I was going to put my new boot/clamp on the 2145, but it's too big- by about 1/8 of an inch diameter (clamped).

Checked the other jugs, still too big. They're all the same size, but this part shouldn't be oversized with the clamp in place and latched. It is. I'm letting the supplier figure out how he wants to handle it. It's the right parts bag from Sweden, but the part don't fit my saws.

These are 2001/02 saws. Are the not the same as later ones? I've not seen any indication of two different sizes. Who knows?

Other issue is that the muffler is dented on the flange surface! How the *&^%n Hell that happened I'll never know, am sure it was the thief who did it, but am irked at the guy who rebuilt my saw for not addressing it. There's no way a proper seal could be formed there. I'm going to see if I can pry it out, but my wood shop is limited and my metal shop is un-plugged/dismantled in a move right now. I can probably figure a way. And the junker Husky I got the other day is that new-fangled type, wrong bolt pattern on the exhaust port.

I may have to go looking for junk saws again. But I think I can get one of these going soon. The final (i hope) parts for the 2150 got here today.

Carry on.

lilJO52.jpg

I think it's going to run. Finally got it together this morning. Will put in to work tomorrow. And fix up the 2150, I decided to put bearings in it too.

Calling this one "Lil Jo 52" the saw formerly known as 2145.

It's 18 years old.

It's a cuttin' little fool now. Getting it re-broken in, two tanks through it now.

Next I'm putting new bearings in the 50, and losing the base gasket in it. Studs are done.

20190128_185753.jpg

Back