stihl filler caps with thumb tab,1127 350 0500 says 029/039 only but not

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anyone got some like this to get rid of?

• Total voters
My 039 has the same gas cap you have, but it uses a black oil reservoir cap with no tab. I have a spare oil cap that way too.

I think the oil cap with tab would not be able to turn full circle anyway, the tab would hit the flange on the body of the oil tank on my 039.

Ok so much for having caps handy to remove,need to go to flippy caps ? no.oooo.oo.oooooooooo

Flippy caps are the only gripe I have about my MS261. They are easy to remove, but my gas cap recently broke when I unlocked it, and I can't tell you how many times my oil cap has refused to lock into place. Visually the oil cap can will turn to lock and appear perfectly locked down when it didn't lock in at all. Now I just try to pull it straight out after locking it to see if it really engaged or is about to dump oil all over the place. My gas cap always engages with no problem. You'd think they would have the same problem but perhaps they are not the same design in some respect. My personal theory is that bar oil is slippery enough that the twist lock mechanism sometimes just slips instead of twisting the cap into place. So it twists independently of the barrel and doesn't actually lock anything.

I'm not sure that I understand, did you not read the bulletin I put up?

The retail price here in the Ohio region:

1127 350 0500 FUEL CAP 6.49

Latest posts

Back