need help to find rebuild (reseal) kit for my chip truck lift cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erwin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As part of the effort to get my newly purchased f550 chip truck to 100% before the busy season, I dis-assembled the leaky lift cylinder and trying to re-seal it. Th bore, shaft and piston are all in perfect shape. I wasn't able to take the cylinder off the hoist since in't rust welded to the large pin so I can't take the whole cylinder to the shop to have it done. Plus, I have all the time I need now since it's winter off season. However, I can't find any manufacture or part number on the cylinder. Also, the box and hoist have been painted over a few times, not easy to ID any of them. It looks like that maybe 10 years ago the first owner had a shop put the box on this F550 chassis. It's a quality job they did. They added another 2 feet to the then 12 feet box. the bore diameter is 5", shaft diameter is 2" and the shaft is 31" long. How and where can I buy rebuild kit? Thx. Erwin

Attachments

• lift cylinder.JPG
    lift cylinder.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 4
found the chip box badge under layers of paint. took it off and soaked in a acetone bath briefly to carefully take off the paint lyer by layer till what I think it's the original paint. This is what I see:
LL-132 241-91-A1088

Attachments

• chip box ID.JPG
    chip box ID.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
As part of the effort to get my newly purchased f550 chip truck to 100% before the busy season, I dis-assembled the leaky lift cylinder and trying to re-seal it. Th bore, shaft and piston are all in perfect shape. I wasn't able to take the cylinder off the hoist since in't rust welded to the large pin so I can't take the whole cylinder to the shop to have it done. Plus, I have all the time I need now since it's winter off season. However, I can't find any manufacture or part number on the cylinder. Also, the box and hoist have been painted over a few times, not easy to ID any of them. It looks like that maybe 10 years ago the first owner had a shop put the box on this F550 chassis. It's a quality job they did. They added another 2 feet to the then 12 feet box. the bore diameter is 5", shaft diameter is 2" and the shaft is 31" long. How and where can I buy rebuild kit? Thx. Erwin

I just take all the seals and orings to a company called Seals Unlimited. I think they are national wide. they can match them up from their stock. Way cheaper that company that made the cyclinder. Must be other companies that sell cylinders and seals. good Luck,

Back