Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

BCP, where is your website, you know with example videos or your work how to's etc.

I've searched for Black Cat Performance but can't seem to find it.

Help a fellow out and provide a link please.

Oh lord, did he really ask for videos!?!???:laughing:

You've got to be the ONLY member that hasn't seen them at least 12 times.

Hey

BCP, where is your website, you know with example videos or your work how to's etc.

I've searched for Black Cat Performance but can't seem to find it.

Help a fellow out and provide a link please.

Fabz(space)acres

Nice, glad to see you actually did get one and interested to see how it goes for ya. They are one SWEET lookin saw for sure!
Guys how about layin' off a little and let the man have his thread eh?

Nice, glad to see you actually did get one and interested to see how it goes for ya. They are one SWEET lookin saw for sure!
Yah , Imho it’s a well-thought out design that is easy to work on ... I’ve got about 2 tanks thru and she cuts nicely ... VERY quick throttle-response , in fact the quickest of any stock STIHL I have run ... seems designed for upper-mid - top end power as opposed to a stock 461 which has more balls in the low-end ... 72.2 vs 76.5 cc ... should have some wood to test in wed

Yah , Imho it’s a well-thought out design that is easy to work on ... I’ve got about 2 tanks thru and she cuts nicely ... VERY quick throttle-response , in fact the quickest of any stock STIHL I have run ... seems designed for upper-mid - top end power as opposed to a stock 461 which has more balls in the low-end ... 72.2 vs 76.5 cc ... should have some wood to test in wed

While I give you a little credit for having the stones to try a build thread, I gotta point out the obvious here Gary.

In one sentence you say she runs and cuts nicely, then in the next you say you have no wood. Plus do you think anyone believes you cut anything with this saw without your camera rolling?

Where's the beef?

1EEEC6D5-14D3-48C6-8355-C5E61720BAB4.jpeg Test logs have arrived courtesy of Larry at Preichel Bros ! Thanks Larry

I will oblige and will refrain from any further comments. BBUUUT, if there’s no pictures of flow enhancements, porting tools, cylinder pics after grinding etc, the shitstorm will do a 180 and start dumping again. Think about it Gary.

I will oblige and will refrain from any further comments. BBUUUT, if there’s no pictures of flow enhancements, porting tools, cylinder pics after grinding etc, the shitstorm will do a 180 and start dumping again. Think about it Gary.

Sounds legit

Plus 1 for me, I'll be nice until my bool **** alarm goes off... again

I was curious about when/if timing advance? Seems like the simplest and easiest mod with a good gain from what Brad and Scott demonstrated.
No timing advance needed imho ... and the stratos will remain intact ... Storm and bitter cold rolling thru WNY so bear with

No timing advance needed imho ... and the stratos will remain intact ... Storm and bitter cold rolling thru WNY so bear with
Test cuts behind shop walls wood be a cool vid! Outta da weather, DO IT! That wood make up for Alot of the bullchit and wood probably pull u outta da sewer! I triple dog dare you!

You might want to reconsider the timeing advance made a big difference in my saw was thinking of getting it ported and after the muffler mod and timing advance I could swear it was ported I'm not a expert but it made a big difference in my standard carb saw
Good luck with the build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back