Pioneer P45 Poulan Pro 455 Cylinder help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGC

Reaction score
I recently got a PP455 with a bad Piston and Cylinder. I have found a Cylinder that says its part number 5074766801 . The online vender has it listed to fit a pp405 or a pp455 witch can't be possible. since they are different bore diameters. I have asked the vender to measure the bore diameter but don't know if they have the ability or proper knowledge to measure accurately, I have bad visions of them trying to measure with a yard stick. Does anyone have any information on that part number ? I'm trying to do my homework before I get the wrong cylinder. Or does anyone have a good cylinder for a P45/PP455 .

I can't find #s for cylinder only. The # for a P45 p&c kit appears to be 507 476661. the # for a PP455 p&c kit is 507 476507. I'm curious if there's any difference, since it is a different part #. They're the same saw, as far as I know. Maybe slight differences in porting or slightly different piston? I'm gonna port mine anyway, so it doesn't much matter.

Maybe what your vendor means is that the cyl. w/ that # will fit either a 405 or a 455 bottom end, which it will - if it has the piston that goes with it.

Can you let loose of who the vendor is?

I can't find #s for cylinder only. The # for a P45 p&c kit appears to be 507 476661. the # for a PP455 p&c kit is 507 476507. I'm curious if there's any difference, since it is a different part #. They're the same saw, as far as I know. Maybe slight differences in porting or slightly different piston? I'm gonna port mine anyway, so it doesn't much matter.

Maybe what your vendor means is that the cyl. w/ that # will fit either a 405 or a 455 bottom end, which it will - if it has the piston that goes with it.

Can you let loose of who the vendor is?

My lists show the same number 507 476507, I think the other number 507 476661 was for the early p45 before the they added the two extra transfers/ boost ports.

Thanks for the feedback, Guys. It makes sense that 507476661 is the old #. The one I have here waiting to go on my old P45 was designated that #. It also has the boost port(s) and is the same as the original top end from my P45. Maybe I got the new one with the old #.

The OP must be frozen up there in the Midwest.

Thanks for the Help. I have tried both of those vendors and no luck. The P&C kit I was referring to was on Feebay. I guess someone bought it , Its gone now. I will keep looking. I have a new top end for a P42/PP405 I could install but would rather get the proper Cylinder. I'm not in a big hurry, With a little luck maybe one will show up someday. Yes it was cold this morning for Indiana -19 this morning. Brrrrr.

Back