Harbor freight sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesupra

Mainer
Reaction score
Had a chance to get some milling done last night and today. Not a great day for it.
35 degrees and raining most of the day. It's now mounted on blocks on a concrete pad. Making it much easier to keep level.
Best 1500 I have ever spent. Coupe more days it should be paid off.

That pile is just a small piece of what I've been able to do so far . Is great fun very rewarding

Do you move the mill inside when you're not using it? Or are you shoveling all that snow?

Guessing you're using those top waste pieces in a 'smoke dragon'?

Nice stack!

Scott (have fun) B

I paid 1510 shipped. Now they don't allow use of a 25 percent of coupon I think it's still a good deal for anything under 2000 dollars and shoveling snow to go to work is a way of life in Maine. Next year it will be under cover. 20141207_093721.jpg20141207_093711.jpg

I know this is very old but curious if your still running this mill and if so how it’s held up since now there$2000 be nice to hear some longevity on the
I paid 1510 shipped. Now they don't allow use of a 25 percent of coupon I think it's still a good deal for anything under 2000 dollars and shoveling snow to go to work is a way of life in Maine. Next year it will be under cover. View attachment 384854View attachment 384855

I have since sold it and purchased a Hudson Farmboss. Not Crazy about the Hudson design and some features but its a much larger mill and portable. The HF mill was holding up fine and was a very basic design, not much to go wrong and very easy to maintain. Had way more issues getting our Hudson to cut worth a **** comparatively. Given there have been a few dozen small mills that have made it to market since I have purchased my HF mills all using the same basic design I would think you can find a used one relatively easy. There are days (cutting sub 16" 8' material) I wish I still had the little mill kicking around).

Good to know so for entry level putsy projects be a good starter mill I’m assuming you ran a bunch of board ft through it to justify getting bigger one do you cut for personal stuff or others also n that justified bigger mill?

I know a while back there was a fella on youtube who was running one and he made all kinds of videos and used his regularly. Was one of those homestead type of guys I believe.

Mine is a Timber-Tuff mill. It's made on the same order as the HF unit, except Timber-Tuff is made heavier. Still a great unit for regular use. It would depend on what size your main flow logs are. Around here we only get the smaller logs, 18" and under. Still get some great lumber from them! I have been pleased with mine and this is starting my third year with it. thanks; sonny580

18" is a good sized saw log. We run an LT40 Woodmizer and typically don't run stuff much larger than around that.

My neighbor has an lt40 every bell n whistle all hydraulic sweet rig. I know he would do anything I asked with a couple dollars n my help but I had a young lady steal my car this past fall as I was pulling in my driveway with my truck, long story short I rammed my car with my truck into my house causing damage to the siding and my truck and my car lol but I have to replace siding and I love lap siding.. that said I would love to mill it off my land to put on my house. I know this mill isn’t much but it’s joy of knowing I did it for the crafts and few projects I’d like to do......... that being said I ordered it today after a few
Months of searching for a used rig I decided to try it and ordered one tonight

I would not hesitate to buy another or most any other brand of mill out there. There are so many various mill's out there. I really like the looks of the entry level wood mizers. Also there is a maine made mill Thomas. If you don't mind a drive I think they are well worth the price. The Thomas mills are simple solid and perform really well. Couple pop up every year on clist, most don't last hours for nearly new prices.

I've been around the wood mizer's quite a bit and I think they're a good product. Their sales reflect that as well.

I'm not sure how they compare to others because I don't have any experience with other brands.

It arrived more stout then I expected won’t have together for awhile guna make extensions before even taking home(from work).. rails are .300 so just under 5/16 thick I expected 1/4” happy there.. no damage in shipping only question is says 301 cc in flyer says 7hp but if you buy just predator motor alone a 301cc is 8hp? I don’t care a whole lot cuz it’s small would be nice to if had the option to jump to the 13hp but oh well.. paint seems good would like to know what color it actually is to paint new extensions or powder coat.. time will tell on everything else

Attachments

• 56E5C4AE-835C-47D6-805F-4B12552A657D.jpeg
    56E5C4AE-835C-47D6-805F-4B12552A657D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • A2078B2A-C32A-4085-A8DD-931D7A7AB2B3.jpeg
    A2078B2A-C32A-4085-A8DD-931D7A7AB2B3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • D417B813-938A-460C-B100-A03BECFAA0FE.jpeg
    D417B813-938A-460C-B100-A03BECFAA0FE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • CE759B7C-697B-4181-9027-74DB39826CAB.jpeg
    CE759B7C-697B-4181-9027-74DB39826CAB.jpeg