Granberg chainsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian72

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Finally got my Granberg mill up and running and I'm very happy with it. Maybe this could be some help for others getting started. I set 2 sawhorses and put an aluminum ladder.across to make my first cut and it worked great. I couldn't see see spending more money just for slabbing rails. This bench was my first project
ae34a5c5237d0fc36fc2f19fc291cb86.jpg
3fbcf70cd5acf769965f43ad8136811d.jpg
aeb7930466b49b23007d568d430e68ff.jpg
4b4c569ad0c19ceb1561e9d668ed0fc4.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Nicely done , my complements. As long as the ladder don't sag in the middle of the cut your good to go. Bob L ,the milling guru over in the milling section would call that a suspended rail type mill. I built my homemade mill similar to yours only I constructed it by using 2x4's and plywood . I had a picture of it but it probably went bye, bye when the site went down. That is a nice simply way to mill and not too expensive.

I always wanted to get a regular band saw mill but keep talking myself out of it because of the pitfalls in owning one and I have never had any luck with any tool that uses a blade and rollers to cut wood or metal.

Good luck and happy sawing.

I just got the mill and the mill. The sawhorses and ladder were a quick idea to get it up and running but it worked very well. I'm sure I'll be making something sturdier eventually but this worked good to get started. I really enjoy this site. The members are very helpful and willing to share information. I'm running a Stihl ms661 with a 36" bar with the Granberg 48" mill. I think the longer mill is a nice rig as it gives me the option to run a longer bar if needed and the extra length allows a helper to push from the other side without needing to buy a double-ended bar and helper handle.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Back