Why can't I get this to seal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
Reaction score
Husky 350. It'll drain half of the tank just sitting, even when it's cold like this. I've put two different strainers in. Leaks right out of both. This one has me stumped....
15490632150615101768223587371443.jpg

Or at the very least, chewed up and/or scored so that it scrapes up the strainer when you push it in, so that the gas follows the score lines and leaks out around the strainer edges.

It looks like there's a little bit of sonic vibration melt bead around the inside edge of the hole that needs cleaned up before it'll let the rubber seal properly.

When I seat it it feels solid. I cant be the only one that's dealt with this. I'm thinking about how to get an oring in there.

The sealing surface looks pretty smooth. It seats firmly, it just leaks slowly after shutting it down. If it was just a spot I'd suspect the vent, but it doesn't really stop.
15490642778102210173779445180320.jpg

I see what you're talking about Jim. The lips on the seal lay against the smooth surface above your arrow. Not very deep at all. Do you see the smooth ring?

Looks like it's flared in right below the smooth part

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You just have to clean the excess plastic up around your bore hole so that your strainer seats properly

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You could try the o ring from the clutch side of a 372. its very thin.
I'm going to try something similar. The 372 oring will be too large in diameter but I think I could find something to slip in between those two sealing ridges.
hylomar blue maybe ?
And then this if it doesn't work. I need some for leaky lines on a 357. Thanks for the time.

Husky 350. It'll drain half of the tank just sitting, even when it's cold like this. I've put two different strainers in. Leaks right out of both. This one has me stumped....
View attachment 701167
What year is the 350? I have one I've torn apart several times and have never seen the strainer. Really puzzled.

Latest posts

Back