School me on stihl trimmers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Dozzer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bought some property with a ton underbrush. Mostly blackberry. Some of it pretty big in diameter.
I need a good trimmee that takes both line and a blade. Prefer to stick with Stihl.
I dont know much about them. It wont see alot of use other the initial knock down, periodic maintenance and yard work every once in a while.
What do I need? Friend said stick with F class.

Thanks

Ok i would get a kombi or just a FS 91 you need the bicycle handles for the brush or like a FS 111 will take of all of your needs

My FS-250R is an animal. Not sure what the current equivalent to it is though.

7f6fc50300914c049d3f145a1365cbe5.jpg

I agree I have a Fs250 with the bike handle it will handle anything a brush saw is designed for, and then some

Yeah I run the saw blade but you could also run that other star blade, if your running the string trimmer head you can cut clean threw a hay field all kinds of power

The 250 is out of production. The 131 is where it’s at for that type of work eight now. It weighs less and does almost the same power, burns less fuel and is a lot smootber. The FS 240 is the direct replacement but it’s heavier.

Echo 410u or an fs240. I’m hating on some 4mix stihls sorry. Too much crap to go wrong, and it does. You could also go with a 94 and a bike handle but since it’s only 27cc it might not have enough a**.

I've only got one Four-Mix Stihl, and it's my HT-131. It does make some torque. Even the place I special-ordered it from, was surprised when it came in and they prepped it for delivery.

I know it's on the delicate side when it comes to moving parts and such. That's the reason why no one but me uses it.

I've only got one Four-Mix Stihl, and it's my HT-131. It does make some torque. Even the place I special-ordered it from, was surprised when it came in and they prepped it for delivery.

I know it's on the delicate side when it comes to moving parts and such. That's the reason why no one but me uses it.
I’m envious of the fs250 I would bet that thing is a beast. I almost got one off Craigslist for 150$ before I could roll on it someone else had beat me to it. Worked on a fs90, only two years old, several different issues. I was really surprised that it didn’t hold up better to part time abuse.

The 4 mix is a 2 stroke with valves like a 4 stroke. They have more torque because they can better control the combustion cycle. They also have more crap that can grenade, like valves that have to be adjusted.

I’m envious of the fs250 I would bet that thing is a beast. I almost got one off Craigslist for 150$ before I could roll on it someone else had beat me to it. Worked on a fs90, only two years old, several different issues. I was really surprised that it didn’t hold up better to part time abuse.

I like mine, but it can be a bit of a little pissy b***h when it comes to starting it for the 1st time for the day. Once warm, it's all good. Very susceptible to flooding though when cold :nofunny:

Latest posts

Back