372 xp, 576 auto tune, or ms 461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep your chain sharp and all will work. I might take a 390 over that 576. All will pull a 24 inch bar, believe that is longest needed, 20 inch will work. One saw for 12-30, 372 will do the job just fine. Have dropped many 30+ with a 372.

I have no experience with the 576, but the other two will serve you well. I run a 24" B&C on my 461, with Husky chains. 84link Husky chains are to be had at under $20 and available about everywhere I see, so get that saw equipped with a 24 and you will be able to tackle all that you mentioned.

I think, they are all a bit heavy for it's purpose.
Or it's mostly 30" hardwood (european oak/black locust etc).
+1 for the dolkita 79cc's.
Or some good 60cc range and a 24" bar?

If it's all a bit random, it would say, you need at least two.
A 50cc to swing trough every thing under about 15".
70 to 90" for the rest. Way better for your back.
And the peace of mind, that you've listened to your heart.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

I have a buddy that has run a 372 for years and it been a good saw. I cut 15 to 20 cords a year of firewood and bought a new 461 just about five years ago it been a great saw. One of the guys that helps me cut fire wood its the only saw he will run. You can't wipe the smile off his face.

I love my 365 special pre xtorq, that has a 372 P&C on it. It kicks ass with a muff mod and a black coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 576 auto tune brand new for sale. You can imagine what gets my vote. Honestly the 576 is hands down one of the best 70cc class saws made. The 372 is also great but doesn't compare as far as torque and antivibe. They are also overly built and hold up to some serious abuse.

I have a 576 auto tune brand new for sale. You can imagine what gets my vote. Honestly the 576 is hands down one of the best 70cc class saws made. The 372 is also great but doesn't compare as far as torque and antivibe. They are also overly built and hold up to some serious abuse.
I agree the 576xp is vibrationless and has a lot of torque ..a tad on the heavy side .....but it is a big saw sooo..........

Latest posts

Back