Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the J’Red 2156 finally got delivered today.
Bad omens begin when you see that the bar is hanging out the box.
Was in an appalling state.
Needed to be stripped (sorry no other pics, was far too embarrassing).
The second pick is after 2 hours in a bath and still looking dreadful. One of the grimy and filthiest saws I’ve ever bought
A9789BF7-A542-4FEB-A258-F8B5BE11BE1A.jpeg 79BE8F75-F7EA-4E36-962D-7D4C3E95610E.jpeg

So the J’Red 2156 finally got delivered today.
Bad omens begin when you see that the bar is hanging out the box.
Was in an appalling state.
Needed to be stripped (sorry no other pics, was far too embarrassing).
The second pick is after 2 hours in a bath and still looking dreadful. One of the grimy and filthiest saws I’ve ever bought
View attachment 712982 View attachment 712984

Did it smell like a septic tank? Looks real slimy.

Did it smell like a septic tank? Looks real slimy.

Looked like it had been stored in a swamp. Hoped to have the saw going by end of day.
No chance, left it soaking overnight. Should have an update tomorrow or day after.
Thankfully the carb and P/C were still in decent condition.
The anticipation is now killing me.

Looked like it had been stored in a swamp. Hoped to have the saw going by end of day.
No chance, left it soaking overnight. Should have an update tomorrow or day after.

Spray on oven cleaner and a stiff tooth brush.......liberal amounts of both will get rid of all that grime...

It will be a good saw again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My 262 looked like that when it came out of a dumpster from over in Wareham. Cut a lot of wood in the last 9 yrs. They are worth cleaning up.

I didn`t even clean this one up,

IMG_1972.jpg
IMG_1970.jpg

Dark and raining hard here this morning.....joy......it would just figger.....the first time in years and years I have a nice plow truck at my disposal, every single snow event this winter has turned into a major rain event then a freeze event immediately after.....most of the snow rained off.....deep ice everywhere in the woods and layers of it on any side hill. Very treacherous under foot if you get off the beaten path.....

Latest posts

Back