Which guy to have port work? I know it’s the millionth time.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is another idea I would consider. Instead of buying a new 70cc saw and likely having it ported why not a new ported 562.

I would call up Alan (AWOL) and have him do a brand new one for you.

Thanks for the info. I love my 562 but I’m trying to debate if I should mod it or get a 70cc husky. I just sold my 461, and the 562 does most my work so 3-400 on making it better or 7-1200 on a 70 that I dont think I really need.
I sold two 70cc saws after running a stock 562 for a year. Have awol port it and you will not be thinking about a larger saw.

I have a ported and non-ported. Firewood cutting, leave it stock or just open up muffer. Unless bar is buried, don't see a big difference. Imho.

I bet the ported saws put out a lot more emissions. Not what you want to breath when you are running a saw for long periods of time cutting firewood. A lot different then just cutting a few cookies.

but by al means,,go to franky baby,,he'll screw you over good...………...
I’m do not specialize in that particular model ... Haven’t run them / monkeyed with em yet ... Stickin to the STIHL Pro saws for now

I bet the ported saws put out a lot more emissions. Not what you want to breath when you are running a saw for long periods of time cutting firewood. A lot different then just cutting a few cookies.
When done properly not a concern ... when done ala Von Blunder (ie gutted stratos) then yes , breathing excessive exhaust / raw fuel is not healthy ... I’m a staunch advocate of STIHL motomix for this reason ! It’s an alkylate fuel that doesn’t harbor all the nasty additives and chemicals found in your favorite pump-gas ... imho the saws run crisper and cooler with max power and the product stores for up to 2 years ! Only downside is expense but what price do you put on your health ???

When done properly not a concern ... when done ala Von Blunder (ie gutted stratos) then yes , breathing excessive exhaust / raw fuel is not healthy ... I’m a staunch advocate of STIHL motomix for this reason ! It’s an alkylate fuel that doesn’t harbor all the nasty additives and chemicals found in your favorite pump-gas ... imho the saws run crisper and cooler with max power and the product stores for up to 2 years ! Only downside is expense but what price do you put on your health ???

Are there any threads on here upon which you will not crap?

Latest posts

Back