Ms461 high output oiler question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That the machine marks on the oiler's gear is a factory indication that the oiler is a high output oiler. To me it looks like an inconsequential manufacturing blem. But I can't find my GPS or my directions, so what do I know? :)

I have 2 on my bench and the HO has the same machine marks as his...

Coincidence ?

LOL. And I have 3 on my bench that don't. Or maybe it is 4? ;)

Now look here butters....

20180917_052543.jpg 20180917_052430.jpg

I usually don't make the effort too often these days to prove people wrong but I got up an hour earlier this morning ... now, I never paid attention to what doc mentioned but apparently there is something to it..I always could tell them apart by the steeper ramp but now I noticed these ones do indeed have that odd machine mark.

Wanna go a little deeper, I probably won't work today because it's supposed to rain like double cunted cow pissin' on a flat rock.

I ran it today and it does in fact run through about one tank of oil per tank of gas. It does sling more off of the chain as well. Overall I’m happy with the upgrade and highly suggest it. If I were to do it over again I would probably try to order the parts to install in the factory housing since they are both the same and try to save money. I will either keep my stock unit for an extra or sell it since it is virtually new and try to recoup some of my money.

How much do you wanna sell it for ?

I have a 362 that could use a wetter bar.

I got up early too and installed 5, that's 5.0 into clients saws. No pictures, but there were 5/FIVE of them, without the groove, channel, coincidental marks.

Now look here butters....

View attachment 675377 View attachment 675378

I usually don't make the effort too often these days to prove people wrong but I got up an hour earlier this morning ... now, I never paid attention to what doc mentioned but apparently there is something to it..I always could tell them apart by the steeper ramp but now I noticed these ones do indeed have that odd machine mark.

Wanna go a little deeper, I probably won't work today because it's supposed to rain like double cunted cow pissin' on a flat rock.

had the same problem with a ms461... after wrenching and swearing i ended up tossing it off the barge camp i was on and ordered 2 372s never looked back.

Yes, my 461 with the standard oiler will use,

1/2 tank of oil per 1 tank of gas

my 461 with the high output oiler,

will use 1 tank of oil per 1 tank of gas.

is that running it wide open? My regular 461 purchased this year should have the regular oiler in it, and (although i'm using winter bar oil now) it uses about 1:1 wide open...no idea what it does in warmer weather...but what i'm wondering is, is can i run a .050 or .063 28" bar on it?

Back