Craigslist laughs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send him a formal invoice for the entire job, including wood disposal costs and fuel surcharges, and he will jump to declare that you agreed to do it 'for the value of the wood'.

Philbert
I phoned him to say I would return 1/3 of the wood I took the rest would cover my cost to transport it back & we would be all square, with much spluttering he said he thought we were sorted money wise

I sell all my saws on Craigslist.

Quite often I will get a lowball offer which I consider as bad manners. Especially for some thing they know little about and/or haven’t examined.

I send them this:
a3419d81f12f13b59daabfb2104e45b5.jpg

And, block their number.

I wouldn't text anyone from Craigslist.
They've got your phone number now,for a little bit of searching,and maybe a dollar ,they can know exactly where you live in less then 5 minutes.
Not worth it ,IMO

I wouldn't text anyone from Craigslist.
They've got your phone number now,for a little bit of searching,and maybe a dollar ,they can know exactly where you live in less then 5 minutes.
Not worth it ,IMO

I live at 302 S. Railway St. in Mascoutah, IL.
I don't care if somebody knows that. The house is always full of people who know how to access and use the guns, and some of us are awake a lot at night.

:happybanana::happybanana:

Trapper Pete - he is pissed because you made the job look to easy and too short. He wanted to watch a bigger show so he could tell the other old cheapskates how he got the job done for free, plus he conned you into hauling away for free the wood that he didn’t want. He wanted to see you sweat and maybe even bleed a little.

I would offer to return the wood and tell him that you will dump it in his front yard. Plus there will be an additional trucking fee.

My number 1 business rule is that I do not work for A-holes.

This ad kills me. $1500 for

Selling a VERY LARGE pile of firewood. Everything is cut into firewood length (14-16 inches) and ready to burn. All the wood is primarily maple with about a coard of cherry mixed in. The coard of cherry is already split as well. Because the wood is in one big pile it is hard to estimate it by the coard... I have a ruff idea of what I estimate to be there for wood “coard wise” based off of how much the dump trailer holds that brought the wood but this is better to be looked at by the potential buyer first so there is no discrepancies. I am asking $1,500. Wood is accessible and must be picked up. I can be reached anytime vt coard wood.jpg
I almost posted it but he included a phone# . What kills me is this is VT.

This ad kills me. $1500 for

Selling a VERY LARGE pile of firewood. Everything is cut into firewood length (14-16 inches) and ready to burn. All the wood is primarily maple with about a coard of cherry mixed in. The coard of cherry is already split as well. Because the wood is in one big pile it is hard to estimate it by the coard... I have a ruff idea of what I estimate to be there for wood “coard wise” based off of how much the dump trailer holds that brought the wood but this is better to be looked at by the potential buyer first so there is no discrepancies. I am asking $1,500. Wood is accessible and must be picked up. I can be reached anytime View attachment 721156
I almost posted it but he included a phone# . What kills me is this is VT.
WAY too much $. Question, what’s a coard?

Latest posts

Back