MS 462 and 572xp coming soon...excited?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 572 is finally on the US Husqvarna website with ‘New’ in front of it. All saws have retail pricing next to them except the 572 and no release date. The other day it said arriving February but that has been removed. I haven’t seen anything on the US Stihl site in regards to the 462.

The 572 is finally on the US Husqvarna website with ‘New’ in front of it. All saws have retail pricing next to them except the 572 and no release date. The other day it said arriving February but that has been removed. I haven’t seen anything on the US Stihl site in regards to the 462.

There will be MS462s a a certain Northeastern dealer on Friday of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dealer just called me and said they ordered a few 462s. May come in as soon as Friday. I'm here in New Hampshire.
462cm In stock NES !!! Standard version available - computer not showing “R” version yet ... it won’t be long now !

Husqvarna updated their website with ‘March 2019’ release for 572xp. They also have a 565 listed with same displacement as 572 but minus .8 hp. Anyone know if it will be a simple mod like the 365 to gain back the hp?

I think we'll end up getting some 462's sometime in February as well. I'm over in North Idaho. I'm more interested in the 462 than the 572, very interested in the power to weight ratio and taking a look at the redesigned flywheel setup. Guess I'll just have to completely tear it apart :) However since I am prohibited from buying Stihl saws at my primary job with the forest service I may end up looking at the 572 as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think we'll end up getting some 462's sometime in February as well. I'm over in North Idaho. I'm more interested in the 462 than the 572, very interested in the power to weight ratio and taking a look at the redesigned flywheel setup. Guess I'll just have to completely tear it apart :) However since I am prohibited from buying Stihl saws at my primary job with the forest service I may end up looking at the 572 as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Why are you prohibited from buying Stihl?

Doesn’t the government know that; heat + fuel = pressure? I mean there’s got to be a chemist or physics guy on this site, to verify my super complicated quantum physics equation. Every fuel tank attached to a motor, during a forest fire, will be prone to fuel geysering.

Fuel geysering was always a known issue of fuel. How many millions did the government waste to research a well known issue of fuel?

They have bigger problems to solve like quit letting it burn and log it. Boom: No more fuel geysering, no more forest fires, no more massive drain in tax dollar money to fight a losing fire war. Manage the forest and bring back a sustainable economy and ecosystem.

Well they are available. Got mine today

Attachments

• IMAG0216.jpg
    IMAG0216.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0218.jpg
    IMAG0218.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMAG0217.jpg
    IMAG0217.jpg
    990.6 KB · Views: 28
All these 462s are making me jealous. I have been saving and waiting for a 572 over a year. I could see a 241 16" and 462 20" together as a hell of a pair. My neighbor was talking about buying a 462. "Thou shalt not covet thine neighbors 2 tone saw" I will stay strong.

So after much debate and research I ordered the 572xp today. Got to try out an MS 462 and it had great acceleration...awesome acceleration. However under load with a longer bar it doesnt do as well as a 461 because it doesnt have the low end torque. For what I use a 70cc saw for low end torque is key. I have a 50cc for cutting limbs and it weighs in about 3 pounds lighter than the 462. To further explain

The MS 462 has a 52mm Bore and 34mm Stroke
The MS 461 has a 52 mm Bore and a 36mm Stroke
The 572xp has a 48mm Bore and a 39mm Stroke

The longer stroke will mean more low end torque especially with heavier components. The 461 has a heavier flywheel than either of the new saws with the other two being very close to the same flywheel weight.

The longer stroke of the 572xp with the new style engine designs that force in outside air the 572xp will be very close in power with a 461 but have a lot of potential ported. It wont be a screamer like a 462 but it will do what a 70cc is supposed to do better.

Also anyone who has a 660 or 661 or 461 will not like the new plastic designs of the 462...its not nearly as durable. Many will rush to buy the 462 because of light weight and better power numbers on paper....but when long term durability becomes an issue and there arent 461s on the market they will be investing in 572xp.

Got my 572xp for $999.95 which is about $100 cheaper than a ms 462

Back