MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? That's what my dealer just told me after talking with his sales rep from Bryan Equipment, the area distributor. I guess if you want one, you'd better grab it now.

That is interesting I bought one in December 2018 that was made in October 2018.

Maybe I should just polish it and put it on the shelf.

My dealers opinion was that it's to too close performance to the 251. Of course, a true chainsaw snob wouldn't have a 251 ;)
I agree. The only reason I have the 251C is because the original owner died suddenly of a heart attack and I picked it up for half the sticker price at the estate sale. His widow was broke. It has never been used. :(

I still can't get over it only having one bar stud. My local dealer still has a couple on the shelf .

This is sad. I don't get why the US market seems so averse to a light, pro-grade, high power/rpm 40cc saw. A real modern replacement for the 238sg/242xpg is pretty much the only saw type out there that interests me. The 241 with a 12" or 14" bar seemed like a great saw setup for a lot of real world saw purposes, especially if you sourced a heated one from Canada.

But then again, I also don't understand the compulsion to hang 20" bars on 50cc saws or to claim that a 70+cc saw is really a do-all saw - who honestly thinks it is best to prune their fruit trees with a 372?!

Latest posts

Back