MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dealers opinion was that it's to too close performance to the 251. Of course, a true chainsaw snob wouldn't have a 251 ;)

I have a 251, and I wouldn't consider them that close. Both are rated at 3.1 hp,but the 241 revs quicker, and holds rpms better in the cut. Both are 1143 series saws, and you can use 251 parts to put the tooless chain adjuster on the 241.

I had a 241 ages ago & regret passing it on. I replaced it with a super light rear handle MS201 standard carb with 14" light B/C. The 201 is a great saw but its a compromised saw in a way, to be so light it forgoes some of the strengths a dedicated r/h saw like 241 has. The 241 while heavier did sooo much work on a tank of fuel, had a half decent air filter, semi decent bucking spike, and was just generally tougher which suited dealing Aussie hardwoods day in day out.

Their (Stihl USA) credibility is questionable with this model. At one point Brad asked members here to write to Stihl and ask that it be brought to this market. I did so and was told it would not.

It is only a 30mm stroke, no stuffed crank, and no separate venture for the air part of the charge, no plate between the case and the bar. Most likely an improved model is going to show up eventually. What are the sales numbers this compared to the rear handle 201?

So now I have to buy a 241 before their all gone, a 572 and 462??? Great

There's something about the exhaust tone of my 241 that tells you right off, this is not a cheap saw. I've been around two-stroke dirt bikes all my life. I'm very familiar with 2-cycle exhaust noise.

The 241 revs with authority, and is music to your ears. My 261 sounds good, but my 241 still sounds better. All I've done to both, is remove the spark-arrestor screens. No muffler mods.

There's something about the exhaust tone of my 241 that tells you right off, this is not a cheap saw. I've been around two-stroke dirt bikes all my life. I'm very familiar with 2-cycle exhaust noise.

The 241 revs with authority, and is music to your ears. My 261 sounds good, but my 241 still sounds better. All I've done to both, is remove the spark-arrestor screens. No muffler mods.
241 is a light saber compared to a clumsy 261! And that small chain rips and is super fast to sharpen!

How much cash back?

I applied for a Bank of America card. The offer at that time, was $200.00 cash back on a purchase of $500.00 or more, within three months of receiving the card. I also earned points ($) totaling $6.00 and change just for making the purchase.

Go to Nerd Wallet and do a search for best credit card offers. Or....you can just do a general search for best credit card offers. You will get a list and you can decide which card is best for you. Don't make a decision too quickly. Check several different sites.

My BOA offer came to me in the mail. I get credit card offers all the time, as my credit score is very high. The banks do that for those with higher than average credit scores.

My BOA card also came with 12 months of 0% interest on balances due.

If you apply on-line and are approved, you will have a new card with 7-10 days or so.

I hope you boys don't get me all stupid and I run out and buy a couple of these now:sweet:

If I remember correctly the prices rose for the 361 and the 200T as soon as they became scarce from the dealers, some old stock ones went for close to double what they were worth new during production.I can see that happening again to a certain extent, maybe not as high as the 200T`s went as they were mostly used by professional arborists.

Latest posts

Back