anyone with problems with there heatmax

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colin mccarthy

Reaction score
hi i have purchased a drolet heatmax 1000 in 2014 from day one its been trouble. The first time i put the fire in u had to leave the drifter open full to get a lot of heat just to get the blower to cut it, and the wood not wet it was good season wood. the thermodisc that cuts the blower in way located on back of the fire box , so i called company they sent me a new thermodisc still the same so i call them again then they tell me that they relocated the thermodisc on top of the furnace , so the sent me the upgrade put now the blower cuts in when there is not enough heat so when the blower comes on it not much heat and it hardly ever cuts out anyone have this trouble with the drolet heatmax

What type and size of chimney are you running, and when you say good seasoned wood....how long has it been split/stacked and covered? That's a large firebox to not produce any heat.

What type and size of chimney are you running, and when you say good seasoned wood....how long has it been split/stacked and covered? That's a large firebox to not produce any heat.
Hi my chimney is a 8 inch prefab, the wood is is 3 years old split and coversed, even have a moisture detector and it's around 16 and 20%. the thermodisc used to be on the back of the furnace the blow only cut in for few minutes then cut out so they move it to the top of the furnace now the blower comes on before the heat builds up and hardly cuts out and the heat is not that warm , u think it would cut out and let the heat build up before it would cut in again.

Hi my chimney is a 8 inch prefab, the wood is is 3 years old split and coversed, even have a moisture detector and it's around 16 and 20%. the thermodisc used to be on the back of the furnace the blow only cut in for few minutes then cut out so they move it to the top of the furnace now the blower comes on before the heat builds up and hardly cuts out and the heat is not that warm , u think it would cut out and let the heat build up before it would cut in again.
My dad has a newmac hot air furnace and u can set the blower for what temperature u want to cut in and cut out but with theses thermoodisc on top of the furnace senceive and cuts blower in when it shouldn't be

Our register temperatures average around 100 degrees. Our LP furnace puts out 135 degree air. While the woodfurnace register temperatures are much lower, the woodfurnace does a fine job of heating this home. I'm not sure about the heatmax, but the Caddy style fire boxes do well with the damper being cracked a hair when closed allowing a little extra air into the firebox. Our damper remains open about a 1/16 of an inch and that allows for good long hot clean burns. It sound like your home may be a little drafty, if that's the case then lower output air may not be comfortable. Having the blower run longer helps better than short hot bursts of air.

Back