MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked and we have five MS241 saws left between our nine locations. I’m pretty sure one of them is coming home with me. I had my heart set on a 261 arctic. After looking at the specs and reading the comments here I’m thinking the MS241 will be a better replacement for my MS210. I have to admit after getting my MS362C I love the M Tronic’s.

An MS261 would be pretty close to the MS362. My 241 cuts a little faster than my 025 with .325 chain. It should cut noticeably faster than the 210 while weighing a little less.

I don't see the point in talking about weight with fuel and bar oil. If 2 saws weigh exactly the same and one holds more of course it's gonnna weigh more.

I don't see the point in talking about weight with fuel and bar oil. If 2 saws weigh exactly the same and one holds more of course it's gonnna weigh more.
Yeah, and the 241 is claimed to be 9.9 pounds. But someone here showed that it is actually 10 pounds 10 ounces?

I can see weighing them just the way the go to work and then running them side by side to get a feel for both . I really like the 241 is light fast and the chain is super fast to sharpen.

If any of you ain't happy with those heavy 241's I buy them hows that?:ices_rofl:
I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with one. And I don't know for sure the details of the saw weighed and the scale that it was weighed on. But it looks about 11+ ounces heavier than advertised if those pictures mean anything.

If I could make a hundred or two I'd gladly look around for one for you though.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with one. And I don't know for sure the details of the saw weighed and the scale that it was weighed on. But it looks about 11+ ounces heavier than advertised if those pictures mean anything.

If I could make a hundred or two I'd gladly look around for one for you though.
Well start looking for busted 200T's then.

Can you do a video of the 3/8 picco V your brand for us this is the first I heard of it?

I'm not sure if Oregon is even selling it yet. I'm in their field test. I'm assuming since the specs on their new chain are .325, 43 gauge, and the chain I was sent to test is the same measurments, that's what I have.

I really just said that being funny. I tried it on my 241, and it was very very fast (it's a 12" bar, so naturally it would be quick), but they wanted it tested on a 180, so that's what I've been doing.

Anyway, that "system" is designed for lower HP saws and pole saws.

https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/speedcut™-saw-chain,-12"/p/80txl051g

Screenshot_20190213-124207_Samsung Internet_crop_659x978.jpg

That's the hot set up on the chain alright a 16 in bar is all you want on that saw.

They had one in stock. They don't have any more but say they can order one. I bet they can't.

16" bar, 63PS chain. $500. plus tax.

You guys are a bad influence.

Stihl 241C 001.JPG

Stihl 241C 004.JPG

They had one in stock. They don't have any more but say they can order one. I bet they can't.

16" bar, 63PS chain. $500. plus tax.

You guys are a bad influence.

View attachment 715199

View attachment 715200

Well look at you! I think I know how you feel. Congrats and safe sawing............:clap:

You won't have any buyer's remorse.

Back