MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What'd you do? Buy it to flip it and make some money?
Found it on my local CL then someone was interested in buying it. I didnt make anything on it, he wanted it for his son one day. I figured I could get another one no problem, I may have been wrong.

Found it on my local CL then someone was interested in buying it. I didnt make anything on it, he wanted it for his son one day. I figured I could get another one no problem, I may have been wrong.

I gotta say, it's a very impressive saw, and I don't say that all that often about chainsaws.

Shortly after I bought mine, my neighbor asked me about it. I helped him get one close to what I paid for mine. Come to think of it, he still owes me a beer. :mad:

I'm telling you its a lot lighter and more maneuverable! You don't need a scale run them side by side! One is fantastic for limbing the other is better for blocking

I'll take your word for it. I don't really need a rear handle saw to ever be lighter than an 026.

A top handle on the other hand.... that Echo CS2511 has my full attention.

Not only did I keep mine, but I grabbed a couple more, looks like I need to get another 241 too.
346's for firewood duty, the mtronic/autotunes for work in the 50 and under classes. With all the little features like the captured bar nuts, return to run master switch, and the fuel economy your real average time per cut is really maximized. I say the difference in cut times when you add all those things into the equation is similar to the next class up saw with a little less weight, but thats only in smaller wood, wood over 10-12" can be a game changer. I like the handling/feel of the 346 much better, but the 241 is so much lighter with a 14" it gets a lot of use on wood under 10 and even larger if there's only a few more cuts to be made.

I'd like to hear your comments about my MS200 rear handle after running it! Or maybe you already have one? They are really fun!

I'd like to hear your comments about my MS200 rear handle after running it! Or maybe you already have one? They are really fun!
Stayner I'm sorry, but I don't remember running yours(if you remind me where we were I may :omg:), but I've owned them, ran others as well as ported ones and still have a few 200t's and I like them just fine. I think the 201 mtronic is a great runner and has no problem keeping up with the 200 with similar mods although I've never ran a ported 201 so I'm unsure on that.
The 241 is a great saw for it's intended purpose, as are the 200/201's.

Stayner I'm sorry, but I don't remember running yours(if you remind me where we were I may :omg:), but I've owned them, ran others as well as ported ones and still have a few 200t's and I like them just fine. I think the 201 mtronic is a great runner and has no problem keeping up with the 200 with similar mods although I've never ran a ported 201 so I'm unsure on that.
The 241 is a great saw for it's intended purpose, as are the 200/201's.

I think we were both at "Geniusfest" about 3 yrs ago. I don't remember you running it, either. I was just wondering if you had ever owned & run an MS200 rear handled version. Both my MS200 & MS 201 are the rear handled variety. The 201 is not ported. It has been MM'd & had a timing advance, & it is a little stronger than the 200 which, in itself, is a screamer! I just think they are both great fun to run. Despite the above comments, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on a 241 just because!
Keep your head up & your chaps & hard hat on!!

I know I bought my MS-241-C because of the reviews and comments posted on this forum. I had no desire to buy another saw......until the 241 comments.

I can't recall any other saw on this forum selling so well because of the good reviews and comments made by members on this forum.

I know I bought my MS-241-C because of the reviews and comments posted on this forum. I had no desire to buy another saw......until the 241 comments.

I can't recall any other saw on this forum selling so well because of the good reviews and comments made by members on this forum.
Well there was the 346 Husky and the Dolmar 7900 guess which one I kept?

Nope I sold that and now have three 241'S.

Hmmm! Fooled me. I have a Snellerized 261 in addition to the above mentioned 200 & 201, & I would not sell the 261. If I had to sell one of my saws to make room for the expected 241, it would likely be the 200. It would, however, be a tough decision!

Back