MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm! Fooled me. I have a Snellerized 261 in addition to the above mentioned 200 & 201, & I would not sell the 261. If I had to sell one of my saws to make room for the expected 241, it would likely be the 200. It would, however, be a tough decision!
The 7900 is a nice smooth saw.

I think we were both at "Geniusfest" about 3 yrs ago. I don't remember you running it, either. I was just wondering if you had ever owned & run an MS200 rear handled version. Both my MS200 & MS 201 are the rear handled variety. The 201 is not ported. It has been MM'd & had a timing advance, & it is a little stronger than the 200 which, in itself, is a screamer! I just think they are both great fun to run. Despite the above comments, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on a 241 just because!
Keep your head up & your chaps & hard hat on!!
I was there, don't think I ran it there, I had one of my own at that point, I like them. I think they have a place in my arsenal(just no rear handle versions of the 200 now only 2 of the 201's) just as the 241 and the 550 do when when working.
I hope your not saying my comments would cause you not to buy a 241(you said despite the above comments), I prefer huskys and I've had a few f them and I will probably buy more in the future, great saws.

I really like my 241C. Light and nimble. Powerful too, and only on the second tank!

Cant wait until she breaks in!

Ditto for me. Second tank.

I've been cutting small weed trees of 4 inch diameter or less so I can't comment on power yet.

Non ethanol 90 octane fuel, Mobil MX2t 40/1 and Tractor Supply bar oil.

This is my first time running 63PS chain and I'm liking it.

Is 63PS being square ground? If the square file fits and I'll be converting it over to 63PSL if there is such a thing.

Ditto for me. Second tank.

I've been cutting small weed trees of 4 inch diameter or less so I can't comment on power yet.

Non ethanol 90 octane fuel, Mobil MX2t 40/1 and Tractor Supply bar oil.

This is my first time running 63PS chain and I'm liking it.

Is 63PS being square ground? If the square file fits and I'll be converting it over to 63PSL if there is such a thing.
I have seen videos of a few guys from here that have square filed it

I was there, don't think I ran it there, I had one of my own at that point, I like them. I think they have a place in my arsenal(just no rear handle versions of the 200 now only 2 of the 201's) just as the 241 and the 550 do when when working.
I hope your not saying my comments would cause you not to buy a 241(you said despite the above comments), I prefer huskys and I've had a few f them and I will probably buy more in the future, great saws.

Sorry about the confusion, Brett. The "despite the above comments" was in reference to my own comments. I was kind of kicking myself in the butt for even thinking about buying a saw in the range between the 200-201 & the 261. It really doesn't make sense, but I've simply made up an excuse to get one. That's why I ended with, "Just Because"!

Sorry about the confusion, Brett. The "despite the above comments" was in reference to my own comments. I was kind of kicking myself in the butt for even thinking about buying a saw in the range between the 200-201 & the 261. It really doesn't make sense, but I've simply made up an excuse to get one. That's why I ended with, "Just Because"!
No problem, just didn't want anyone think I was bad mouthing the 241, even though I've been know to talk trash to stihlheads :laugh:.
I do try to do the best I can not to be biased when giving advise on saws even though I do have my personal preferences that doesn't always make it the best choice for others.

What was that?
Something about the chain brake. Was for that whole 64 73 79 platform. My 7900 has been wonderful for years so im not bovverred by the recall. Was being sarcastic in my last post.

Only two changes I've ever considered-more bar oil flow, carb tweak. That said it's the most temperamental saw to keep well tuned I have owned. But that's only about 6 different saw models so not really a big enough sample size to be fair.

Something about the chain brake. Was for that whole 64 73 79 platform. My 7900 has been wonderful for years so im not bovverred by the recall. Was being sarcastic in my last post.

Only two changes I've ever considered-more bar oil flow, carb tweak. That said it's the most temperamental saw to keep well tuned I have owned. But that's only about 6 different saw models so not really a big enough sample size to be fair.
There is an oiler mod you can do on them. I haven't found it to be needed running up to a 32 here, but in your hardwoods I could see where that could be an issue.
I've only had one tuning problem on a 79.. and the was on a custom carb that was set up for high altitudes.
Real easy to tune for me both ported and stock, almost as easy as my 241's have been ;).

That mod would be done but like you i max out at 32” on the 7900 but if i didnt havr the 395 id be asking more of dolly.

There was one day I tuned it three times. No altitude change, but weather changes. Best it has ever run was that day when the fog was so thick had about 4' visibility. It rolled in, tune changed, retuned it and it ran so strong it was hard to believe. Then fog burned off sun out everything dried out to a crispy low humidity day and...needed to retune. Couldn't really tell much difference in filter, just how much moisture in the air.

Can't rule out it being the nut behind the wheel but I spent a fair bit of time that day tuning. Was bucking larger logs into firewood the whole day so got plenty of opportunity to tune in the cuts.

Couldn't resist experimenting when I got the 241. Went something like four solid days without clearing the filter, just to see how it went. And then if I could tell the difference when filter cleaned out. I don't mind tuning but it sure was/is nice not having to on the 241/261.

That's another thing I've noticed - the 261 clogs the filter slower than the 241. Not sure why. Different flow of air with cleaner air to the filter? Anyone else with both noticed that? I thought it would be the other way around, given the 261 is sucking more air.

Latest posts

Back