Garrett 15 Skidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highhood

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member to the forum and hope I am posting to the correct forum. I have a Garrett 15 Skidder that I use for personal logging and firewood that has leaking grease seals on the axle hubs and I have identified the part number of the seal as A-1805-H-528 which does not come up in any seal interchange charts. I have contacted Axletech who now handles parts for Rockwell and Meritor but number not in their system either. Problem is my axles don’t have the metal ID tags typically riveted to the housing so I don’t know my model numbers. I am pretty sure they are Rockwell axles by the trademark Brandon several castings.
Serial number for my machine is 6304126, has a Ford 172 with casting date code of May 1966. I wondered if any members might have a parts manual for one of these machines or may have changed these seals or has a newer superseded part number. This seal ID is 5.93” and is about 9” OD at the flange with 10 bolt holes 8.25” on center. Thanks for any help.

Hello, I am a new member to the forum and hope I am posting to the correct forum. I have a Garrett 15 Skidder that I use for personal logging and firewood that has leaking grease seals on the axle hubs and I have identified the part number of the seal as A-1805-H-528 which does not come up in any seal interchange charts. I have contacted Axletech who now handles parts for Rockwell and Meritor but number not in their system either. Problem is my axles don’t have the metal ID tags typically riveted to the housing so I don’t know my model numbers. I am pretty sure they are Rockwell axles by the trademark Brandon several castings.
Serial number for my machine is 6304126, has a Ford 172 with casting date code of May 1966. I wondered if any members might have a parts manual for one of these machines or may have changed these seals or has a newer superseded part number. This seal ID is 5.93” and is about 9” OD at the flange with 10 bolt holes 8.25” on center. Thanks for any help.
Today I made contact with members of the Forestry Forum and was referred to Harold’s Logging Supplies near Bangor Maine. He had the seals I need on the shelf and apparently they also fit a several other Skidders with those Rockwell axles. He is shipping four of them next week

Back