MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the confusion, Brett. The "despite the above comments" was in reference to my own comments. I was kind of kicking myself in the butt for even thinking about buying a saw in the range between the 200-201 & the 261. It really doesn't make sense, but I've simply made up an excuse to get one. That's why I ended with, "Just Because"!
Know what you mean. I think I could just run a hot 35 and a 70 and do it all.
The 50cc splits those real well though. And in most situations, for me, makes the 70cc redundant.

And those little 201c's sure do look like a real nice saw.
But if I was planning to have just one saw to use for everything, I could probably make do with a 241. Good thing I didn't buy one of those first or I might not have gotten all these other great toys.

Gallons and gallons through that one , not sure yet if it'll take the abuse .

More testing

a8i8AiS.jpg

Spoke to local dealer Friday and they have three and he looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him why they weren't making the 241 any longer. He soon apologized when he looked it up and was listed as "while supplies last". I am tempted but he wanted 620 with a 6 pack of oil and extended 2 yr warranty, with 14" bar/chain.

My dealer had a couple of them when i was there yesterday. I have a Dolmar 421 but if i found a 241 for the right price i’d buy it.
If it's for firewood duties then you won't gain a thing, if your running a business buy both.
The 4300/421 does a fine job in stock form and even better once the muffler is modded, I have one that I run on a normal basis with a 16" picco/lp setup on it.

Spoke to local dealer Friday and they have three and he looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him why they weren't making the 241 any longer. He soon apologized when he looked it up and was listed as "while supplies last". I am tempted but he wanted 620 with a 6 pack of oil and extended 2 yr warranty, with 14" bar/chain.
The ones my dealer had on the shelf yesterday were $ 539. 16 " bar.

Back