Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only a very small portion of my woodpile, but this is all ax-cut wood, none of it was sawn...

dkYudvQ.jpg

my hat is off to you man! well done! very impressive. that is a sight not seen much these days... :numberone:

Thank you. I'm shooting for a full cord of wood, or 4 ricks, whichever comes first. Might not be a proper 128ft³, but good enough for me. Once those pallets in the frame full, I'll get to splitting the rest of my saw cut wood, and tackle the rest by ax in the spring.

Here's a pic of my woodshed that I fill each year. The shed is 24'x24'x7' high. I have a Central Boiler 6048 butted right up to the corner of it so I keep dry when filling it. We added the bonfire patio this past summer. The back is completely open with a roll up tarp I drop down when it's full. I burn one side per season, (about 12 cords) then refill from the back. I don't split anything unless it won't fit through the stove door.
37392889_10216056818348508_3923692752222552064_n.jpg 37334837_10216056818188504_3051990373124538368_n.jpg

574182A2-8DEB-4125-9FEE-932821E631EE.jpeg Just built this overhang hold 11 to 12 cords when full. Old one was done someone built with scrap wood and was falling down figured it was time to do it since this is the lowest my pile has ever been (slacked off last two years) plan is to cut and split 8 cords this season. Ill put in last four 2x6s in middle section ones i burn/move a lil more wood. Put in center section bc i never was able to get to the middle two rows theyd been there for 6 years till this year so now ill work outta one bay at at time and should be able to rotate it pretty well.

View attachment 715491 Just built this overhang hold 11 to 12 cords when full. Old one was done someone built with scrap wood and was falling down figured it was time to do it since this is the lowest my pile has ever been (slacked off last two years) plan is to cut and split 8 cords this season. Ill put in last four 2x6s in middle section ones i burn/move a lil more wood. Put in center section bc i never was able to get to the middle two rows theyd been there for 6 years till this year so now ill work outta one bay at at time and should be able to rotate it pretty well.

Looking good, brother!

Not much happening soon in my splitting and stacking area:cold:No idea why my pics need to be clicked on for viewing? And no idea why they are rotated 90* Matters not. You get the idea.
Now back to the couch! Pre gaming Daytona. Oh yippy. For some reason its not as interesting anymore?

Attachments

• 20190216_100643.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • 20190216_100638.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
View attachment 715491 Just built this overhang hold 11 to 12 cords when full. Old one was done someone built with scrap wood and was falling down figured it was time to do it since this is the lowest my pile has ever been (slacked off last two years) plan is to cut and split 8 cords this season. Ill put in last four 2x6s in middle section ones i burn/move a lil more wood. Put in center section bc i never was able to get to the middle two rows theyd been there for 6 years till this year so now ill work outta one bay at at time and should be able to rotate it pretty well.

looks great! all set to go...

The wood lot has a 1"-2" base of ice, covered in 3"-4" of snow where I snow blew.
10"+ else where.
It's going to be a while.
I moved two pallets up to the house to use and they were froze down hard. Had to work an edge with the forks and still tore them up.
Enjoyed being out in the sun today doing other stuff, but the driveway is treacherous with ice.

Sandhill, I always set some old 2x6's under all my skids. They don't seem to freeze down as bad and keeps the crates out of the dirt and gravel too. These are my homemade crates so they only have 2 ply 2x4 bunks on the bottom of them. You can just see the 2x6 under these crates.
20190131_173431.jpg

you guys continue to remind me of winter and its grasp with your cool wintery foto essays. always enjoy seeing how its done up north of the... Mason-Dixon line.

will be bucking up this Sunday Scrounge... and splitting up that cedar, too. came from a cedar yard door in fence... pretty clean wood. I might smoke up some ribs or chickens with that pecan...

P7300001.JPG P7300002.JPG P7300003.JPG P7300004.JPG

This coming fall I'll be double stacking pallets, for personal wood use, using the already beat up ones as sacrificial. In the past I've sold my junk wood, but no longer have an outlet for it.
I still split it small enough to fit in a wood stove, but it doesn't stack. It should be seasoned by next fall.
This year we're burning wood I could have sold.
We usually bring two pallets at a time up. This was prep for the cold snap in January when I knew I would not want to try starting the fork lift below 20º.IMG_0346.jpg

Latest posts

Back