Two guesses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
26BF9C1D-6576-494A-9916-9CFEB9D97DA9.jpeg 07B8FBE5-B2A6-484B-8510-EE71D2B25734.jpeg I finally got around to working on the big oak logs that got dropped off. This particular log was between 14” and 16” in length and you can see the average size of my splits. The two questions are how much do you think it weighs and how many splits. I know the # of splits because I counted out of curiosity. The weight I determined by taking 20 random splits and putting them on the scale. So let’s here those guesses. And that’s a 32” bar

301.25#, 32 splits.

Those are pretty small BTW. I would have made larger but thinner, like boards. Dries faster that way.

I would wager a beer he has a small stove in a well insulated house and NJ just isn't that cold , hence small splits in short length.

With all due respect. The bar is hardly any longer than the power head. Unless the saw with bar is 60” long, or the picture angle is deceiving, that bar does not look to be 32”. When I review pictures of my 7900 with a 32” bar attached, the power head is much shorter than the bar. Yours appears about equal. I would have guessed the bar to be 24”, mayyyybe 28”

With all due respect. The bar is hardly any longer than the power head. Unless the saw with bar is 60” long, or the picture angle is deceiving, that bar does not look to be 32”. When I review pictures of my 7900 with a 32” bar attached, the power head is much shorter than the bar. Yours appears about equal. I would have guessed the bar to be 24”, mayyyybe 28”
Part number on the bar says it's a 32".

Pictures can be deceiving. It is a 32” bar and the bar doesn’t touch the ground

Log was cut between 14”-16” in length based off the first crooked cut made by the tree company that dropped it off. Splits really aren’t that small minus a few here and there. I sell wood and this is what my customers want.

Back