Idiot Stihl dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At my Stihl dealer I asked about a file for square chisel. The first time the kid just didn't know what I was talking about, last week however another guy declares they carry nothing of the sort and in 30+ years he's never even heard of such a thing. Yeah, I think I'm gonna stop in there today with a hex/triangle and a goofy file and ask him to explain to me what they are. Maybe ask if they can order some RSLK chain. The Stihl part numbers for the files are 7010 871 0006 or 0811 421 8971 right? I wonder if they can be ordered.

At my Stihl dealer I asked about a file for square chisel. The first time the kid just didn't know what I was talking about, last week however another guy declares they carry nothing of the sort and in 30+ years he's never even heard of such a thing. Yeah, I think I'm gonna stop in there today with a hex/triangle and a goofy file and ask him to explain to me what they are. Maybe ask if they can order some RSLK chain. The Stihl part numbers for the files are 7010 871 0006 or 0811 421 8971 right? I wonder if they can be ordered.
They will probably tell you Stihl doesn't make any square ground chain!

My buddy moved down south and wanted a new Husqvarna saw. The Stihl dealer is the only one closeby him. He told my buddy that Husqvarna is no longer made in Sweden only certain models. He said three other manufacturers make husky saws now. He talked him to buying a Stihl but he had to order it.

Dealers push new saws when used ones need fixin, I’m lucky to have a good dealer when it comes to Husqvarna saws.

Back