FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am in dallas, bedford is sitting beside me. we know each other. he is posting on his phone. i took a pee and he got comfortable.

This is Bedford T's video! So @ Tree Joe Are you saying you are Bedford T! Do you have 2 identities on here?
i did, i forgot that video. i beat it in to far with that new tool i just got. i thought you meant i knocked it out. you can see in that video there was no lip on that race either. so the lesson is and i say so right on the screen STOP YOU JUST MESSED UP fella! LOL! Here is the record of screw up TREE JOE/BedfordT :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

There is a hip doctor here in Dallas that has a new technique and he needed to see me to see if I was healthy enough and fit the other criteria. Joe is letting me sleep on his lummpy couch. I fly back tomorrow afternoon to NC. If all goes well I get a new hip in July and get 10 days in a rehab center here, but no more limp

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

I'm building my first MS660 kit.
I've got .016 squish WITH the metal gasket.
What are my options for raising squish to around .022?
Have you considered the OEM Stihl .10 gasket? If I wrote that size right. I know they make a thick and a thin gasket.

I finished building my first kit saw last weekend (MS660). I messed up and didn't order upgrade parts for the pill start and the pulley broke on the 3rd pull. No dealer had around me had the pulley in stock so I had to order it. Had to have hand surgery Wednesday so now all I can do is look at my saw and wonder if it'll run or if I screwed something up LOL.

oh look an HL ad

i have never had the problem you are suffering from or your idols, nor has anyone ever posted about this.

I dont care what they said. I built many kits and think i got all this started. I was speaking directly to the use of the oiler not being important in relation to the bearing ("The pto bearing needs to go through .040 because it fits up against the oil pump"). anyway the bearing comes installed. There is an indent, this is like... let me think of something to find wrong... when there is not a issue, unless they sent a bunch out the door that dont have bearings and seals installed.

this gets more bizarre by the day.

#1, if you were referring to me, I don't think anyone idolizes me... in fact I really hope they don't.

#2, you think you got all this started? really?

#3, HL has been generous with me, and I'm generous with them. simple. is there a problem with that?

u like psting videos why not post the video of him screwing this bearing up. or did you get it mixed up with somebody elses videos. i built 2 660 using his videos as other people have. i did not c that. i need info I can count on.

is this "him" in here referring to me? just curious. not sure I've screwed up a 660 bearing. i've built a few of the 660's kits for sure but I don't remember messing up a bearing.

for the record, its my understanding Gary is right, the oiler is used as a positive stop for the pto bearing.

also for the record, the 440 kit that I got, twice, had a bearing with an inner race that was thicker than oem ...10mm vs 9mm iirc. when I put it all together the eclip wouldn't fit on the crank, and I had a heck of a time figuring out why. but either way, the oiler is indeed a positive stop.

Bedford, this is your thread, so I won't post in it anymore.

New to the forum. Have been reading a lot and watching YouTube videos. Ordered a MS660 kit last week. Excited to build this kit saw. How long have they been taking to ship from China. I haven’t received a shipping notice yet. Ordered last week.

New to the forum. Have been reading a lot and watching YouTube videos. Ordered a MS660 kit last week. Excited to build this kit saw. How long have they been taking to ship from China. I haven’t received a shipping notice yet. Ordered last week.
I ordered my kids started back in October the first one came in about 15 days
the second order came closer to 10 days
the third order around Christmas time took about 20 days just because of all the Black Friday sales
I ordered one of their Sol's on HL Supply that they had a sale on for 199 at Christmas and that one came in about 5 days
I think they did not give me any shipping information for about 7 days and then on the 8th or 9th day they finally started sending me some information after I requested it from them

Many of the other guys mentioned to go ahead and order some replacement parts the D comps definitely do not hold up

Back