Chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did buy a pair of full wrap calf chaps. Being in a top limbing it seemed the standard chaps always got turned around leaving my calves exposed. I’m getting more cautious, I bought a pair of steel toe boots with real steel metatarsal guards. When I retired I took my old boots and tried a running chain against the composit guard, almost useless.

I wear full wrap husqvarna. I would like to get a more expensive pair that has more layers when I can. I took some time and watched YouTube videos of people getting hurt with chainsaws, while doing simple things like cutting firewood or a limbing a small tree. I also wear a little helmet with a little face guard thing in leather shoes. My injuries have come when I wasn’t taking the danger of things seriously. Anyway, you’re probably only going to buy one pair chainsaw chaps the next five years so why go cheap?

So was looking online for chaps or pants and found that forestershop.com is like 1 hr away from me so took a ride today to buy chaps and ended up walking out with stihl performance pants for 60 bucks Apparently stihl is changing colors and the dealer said he is selling every pair he has for 60 bucks. Seems like a decent deal

Back