That one viral video with the Mongolian heavy metal band

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I finally broke down and watched it. It's pretty cool, I like throatsinging and all.

BUT

Something caught my eye.

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 9.45.20 PM.png

Is... is that... yes, I think it is, a thin of some sort. A few seconds earlier:

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 9.44.51 PM.png

I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS

First: how did they get all of the logs and slash out with all the stumps so high?

Second: what do they want that stand to look like in, say, 20 years? 50?

Third: Could they have at least tried to match their cuts?

Fourth: what kind of grass is that that makes a lawn under a forest?

Fifth: surely I'm missing something.

Think they answered all the questions n there song, listen carefully Grasshopper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or read the subtitles? That was a very well done video, cool costumes, beautiful instruments, stunning landscapes, and throatsinging. 5 stars!:rock:

I spent 5 minutes looking at the two screen shot captures and do not see any specific trees removed. The angle is different and the subject person may have moved.

It is a strange forest, one species of tree and one species of grass it would seem. I think of the pictures of people with bundles of sticks carried on their head. What do you think the altitude is, things seem different up near the tree line and I have minimal exposure in that regard.

Just assumptions, and educated guesses

First: how did they get all of the logs and slash out with all the stumps so high?

Forwarder, its pretty wide open, lots of room

Second: what do they want that stand to look like in, say, 20 years? 50?

Staggered growth, some smaller stuff growing up, so they can do more sustainable harvests?

Third: Could they have at least tried to match their cuts?

When using a standard face cut, in a thin, its better to leave the back cut tall (cause only the west coast of america believes in humboldt faces)

Fourth: what kind of grass is that that makes a lawn under a forest?

The kind that grows there?

Fifth: surely I'm missing something.

Where is all the slash?

Judging by how old some of those stumps look(you can clearly see one that's all grey with the bark peeled), I would say that area has mostly died off. Mebbe beetles, bad music, poorly executed plantation, it just didn't take well, or whatever. Those trees maybe haven't competed with grass for resources for a while.
Also, did you say heavy metal?

Sabbath, metalica, Judas priest, motorhead, all good metal... still though not a one of em boasts any real smart dudes. Just look at ozzy, or lemme and ask yourself, do I trust that man to balance a check book?

On the flip side Mike ness isn't exactly a genius either... but jello beofra has a degree, and 2 of the guys from offspring are doctorates

If I ever did the “metal” thing I went towards prog. Methinks the Dream Theater guys have a collective IQ of at least 600, with 4/5 going to Berkelee and all. It still doesn’t explain the trainwreck of an album they put out and I saw them play in 2016.

Mike Watt and I couldn’t get along because of his love of the Gibson EB series mudbucker basses. But what do I know, I play a purple G&L.

Latest posts

Back