372xp X Torq. How long are you guys getting out of them before the bottom end goes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainLightning

Vintage Saw Stalker
Reaction score
I'm not trying to knock the x torq. I'm just trying to gather info since I just bought a brand new 2018 372 x torq. I thought this was just a issue with the 390, but of course this is my luck. The heavier piston causing pre mature bottom end wear, then eventually failing. So to make this short and sweet, how have these held up for you guys? I just cut firewood so I wont be beating on it at all. Thanks. Btw I have a 4 year warranty on it.

I think I read about this here that what oil ratio are you using?

I purchased the 50:1 husky premix on a can but I add more husky two stroke to it. I always in the past ran the oil bottle of 2.5 gallons of gas to one can of husky oil, to 2.3 gallons of gas. Even if I fouled a spark plug, not that often it’s oil rich.

I think I read about this here that what oil ratio are you using?

I purchased the 50:1 husky premix on a can but I add more husky two stroke to it. I always in the past ran the oil bottle of 2.5 gallons of gas to one can of husky oil, to 2.3 gallons of gas. Even if I fouled a spark plug, not that often it’s oil rich.
And by the way I have a nice R12 if you are interested

You can stop worrying about it. Friend owns tree service and ran them hard, with no problems. Logger dropped one off for new clutch, has seen a tough life. I pulled muffer to look at piston, still looks good and compression is slightly over 150. They both run xp oil and rec gas at 50:1.

Never had any bottom end issues with mine. Never keep them over 6 months, but they're full time falling saws for that period of time.
They are ported as well. 50:1 klotz, 91 octane non-oxy.
Good saws.

Our area 6 months to a year in a daily logging environment. Take into account most don’t care about fuel quality, use he cheapest oil they can find always tweaking on the carb.
I find that quality non ethanol fuel, good oil and keeping the r’s under 13,3k and better yet 13k or just below they last indefinitely. That also takes into account proper maintenance, filter cleanings and paying attention to you equipment makes a difference also.
This is just what I see in my area and what I see come in the door.

Never had any bottom end issues with mine. Never keep them over 6 months, but they're full time falling saws for that period of time.
They are ported as well. 50:1 klotz, 91 octane non-oxy.
Good saws.
If I could find non ethanol, I’d be using klotz. Burns clean , smell’s great and I think it runs a little stronger

Do you buy premix, does klotz not work with ethanol.
I have a few acres I maintain, I cut more for the enjoyment of it and for the exercise. The fuel sits to long in my saws so I use premix. I used to take some of my sons dirtbike fuel to use in my saw and it always ran great, and it was pretty clean when we took it apart to rebuild it ( it didn’t need it) love me some benol

I have a few acres I maintain, I cut more for the enjoyment of it and for the exercise. The fuel sits to long in my saws so I use premix. I used to take some of my sons dirtbike fuel to use in my saw and it always ran great, and it was pretty clean when we took it apart to rebuild it ( it didn’t need it) love me some benol
I see, that's what I was thinking. I have a station 5min from the house I can get ethanol free at, and I do at about $4 a gallon.
i love the smell of klotz in the morning
Here you guys go lol.
https://farmandsandtoys.com/ocart2/klotz-candle-8oz.html
Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 4.07.23 PM.png

I always felt guilty enjoying the smell, kinda like smelling your own farts after eating half a pot of split pea soup. I might order a candle though, but $30? I could get 1/2 a ham and a bag of peas for that
My wife likes the smell of 2-stroke mix burning, I tell folks cologne is like $6 a gallon for me lol.
I've seen the candles cheaper.

Like @Poleman said, keep them around that 13k or below and they may live forever... If I am not mistaken, @weimedog has a video of he and @spike60 discussing the 372 bearing life...
Yes, and one of them prefers the steel caged bearings and the other the plastic, steel doesn't do well if it get's into the cylinder wall, plastic no big deal.
Keep them oiled and most guys cutting firewood will never have a problem so the OP need not be concerned with it.

Back