MS500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought this animation was pretty interesting.

If some folks dislike the complexity of the M Tronics they sure as heck won't like this saw

Would be interested in hearing some experiences from fallers. I've seen a couple vids on YT.

Priced in the $1,400-$1,500 range? Can't see it selling fast. Stihl would be interested in trying one

I am a technology fool. I love my saws with the M-tronics and am already saving money for this saw. Despite its complex appearance it’s actually very simple in fact slightly simpler than the M Tronics. That said it simply has more computer controls but less moving fuel parts. All the new O-rings and rubber parts are supposed to be ethanol resistant. The injector assembly itself is a very very simple set up. As soon as it’s available in the US my MS441C and MS660 will be for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a technology fool. I love my saws with the M-tronics and am already saving money for this saw. Despite its complex appearance it’s actually very simple in fact slightly simpler than the M Tronics. That said it simply has more computer controls but less moving fuel parts. All the new O-rings and rubber parts are supposed to be ethanol resistant. The injector assembly itself is a very very simple set up. As soon as it’s available in the US my MS441C and MS660 will be for sale.
Doubt it. There's a video of a 3 way between the 462, 500i and the 660. The 462 did comparable against it while the 660 stomped it in the cut. That high HP number is nice and all but a bigger engine with the same HP number with always put out more torque with a flatter curve.
The ero price conversion is over 1700 in our dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They need to make a 60cc one in the $600 range. Then I might have to buy a saw that I have no need for... or maybe wait till the porters have a couple dozen ported, shaved, squished and otherwise molested for the betterment of sawkind.
I have no need for any of my saws really, except one for occasional storm cleanup. But here I sit reading about them. What makes them so addictive? I guess it's because it's a loud, powerful gasoline powered engine that you hold in your hands and can cut **** up with it. Reckon?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

They need to make a 60cc one in the $600 range. Then I might have to buy a saw that I have no need for... or maybe wait till the porters have a couple dozen ported, shaved, squished and otherwise molested for the betterment of sawkind.
Yep, a 60cc FI that weighs in the 10lb range. Make my CAD for a 261 completely obsolete! I’ll keep waiting and dreaming for the 400i or 300i. Figure about 5-10 years? My 260 and 026 should be good to go tell then!

Judging by this, looks like a good 80cc saw. But honestly this makes the 462c very attractive in my opinion.

I’m embarrassed that I took the time out of my life to watch that video! Yes, all 3 saws are are great, but the moron that is comparing them is... well a moron! I’m surprised he has 2 functional legs! Good thing he has chaps on! Why compair saws with different B&C? No idea which saw is actually faster????

Back