Brand New 562xp oozing bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kab5275

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got a brand new 562. First time starting it leaked so much bar oil it was dripping down the cases. Adjusted the screw to the least setting. Still happening. Not sure if the bar is sealing against the hose outlet or what the problem is. Anyone have similar experience? 2018 model.

Put up some pics, something may be there that someone will notice.
Of the saw and the bar area where it meets the saw.
And the inner side of the sprocket cover.

Is this a non running static flow of bar oil? Check the oil tank and cap for pressure maybe the air breather isn’t sucking in air as the oil level goes down. It could pressurize from the heat of the motor if the tank isn’t vented properly.

I will get pictures on here soon. The problem only exists when running. It oils, but way too much. So much it makes a heck of a mess. Like steady flow dripping on your boots kind of mess.

Thanks for all the help thus far.

Also I noticed it within a minute of starting the saw for the first time. Haven’t even put it in wood yet.

A steady stream of oil dripping from under the cover isn’t a problem?
I put the oil in. It’s good bar oil. I’ve never seen a saw pump this much oil.

Own 3 now, have not had that problem. Just asking, correct large mount bar, metal plate pinching on supply line, bar have a bur or not mounting flat (check at tail end)? Take it back to shop you purchased from and have them take a look and explain.

A steady stream of oil dripping from under the cover isn’t a problem?
I put the oil in. It’s good bar oil. I’ve never seen a saw pump this much oil.
Again, did you put this oil in it?
You won't do anything to add to this discussion?
Nothing? No pics? Info on the oil?

Nothing????

It’s Stihl bar oil. I said I would get you pictures when I can. I’m not at my shop right now I’m with my family. How about if you’re going to be a jerk off then don’t add to the discussion.

Lol...

It’s Stihl bar oil. I said I would get you pictures when I can. I’m not at my shop right now I’m with my family. How about if you’re going to be a jerk off then don’t add to the discussion.

Lol...
Maybe it’s because I’m a “lurker”. In fact how about I get lost. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back