Stihl 2 in 1 file question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memory

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I got a file question about the 2 in 1 sharpener. Can the round file be replaced with your standard round chain file? The reason I ask is I did a little comparing and noticed the 2 in 1 round file has a different cutting pattern than your standard Stihl round files. The 2 in 1 files seem to be more aggressive. Also noticed the 2 in 1 file is made in germany and your standard ones are made in switzerland.

Has anyone replaced the 2 in 1 file with a regular file and have you noticed any difference? And if one wanted to get the same type of file that comes with the 2 in 1, where would you get it?

I will probably just stick with the stihl files, have a dealer just a mile down the road.

Not sure how often the flat file will have to be replaced but they are expensive if you ask me. Seen my local stihl dealer has them now and they are $10 a piece, even higher online at places like ebay

I will probably just stick with the stihl files, have a dealer just a mile down the road.

Not sure how often the flat file will have to be replaced but they are expensive if you ask me. Seen my local stihl dealer has them now and they are $10 a piece, even higher online at places like ebay
WOW! I get the sthil flat file from my dealer and it's $5 and change. 3 pack of Stihl round files $4.30.

Also...after using the 2 in 1/Pferd setup....what is the exact depth gauge height of .375 and .325...??.....chisel chain.....;)

Back