Ms462 first look impressions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this morning my local dealer got some 462s in and I haven’t ran one but looking at it putting my hands on it I was completely blown away at the weight. It was equipped with a 28 inch stihl lightbar. If this saw cuts like they say I honestly think it will replace the 461 the 362 and I could venture to say I would take it over 661 For the most part. It’s like one Saw that covers three or four saws.

So this morning my local dealer got some 462s in and I haven’t ran one but looking at it putting my hands on it I was completely blown away at the weight. It was equipped with a 28 inch stihl lightbar. If this saw cuts like they say I honestly think it will replace the 461 the 362 and I could venture to say I would take it over 661 For the most part. It’s like one Saw that covers three or four saws.

I’m not talking complete power but the power to weight I guarantee guys would rather run this saw. How often do you need a 36 over a 32”, I think this is going to be a hot seller.
Since I don't currently have any big wood to need a long bar I've just been running a 20" on mine. Can you say rippin? :rock2:

Back