• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 046 builder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Coolen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all. New guy here. Looking for an 046 builder saw. Not worried about what it would need. I'm up in the eastern part of the great white north. Getting to the end of my current build...066 flat top I picked up for $40. Starting to see my bench top again.

Hi all. New guy here. Looking for an 046 builder saw. Not worried about what it would need. I'm up in the eastern part of the great white north. Getting to the end of my current build...066 flat top I picked up for $40. Starting to see my bench top again.
You won't be finding an 066 flat top here for $40 :D

Even a 460 builder will run you a fair share of $$$ (Especially for us Canucks with the exchange - if you buy out of the US that is)

I just finished up a 460 and waiting for it to be sent back after porting. I got lucky on that one as well, ($60 in a box of parts along with an 031)

Good luck with your search!

Yeah... I saw that one. Very nice, but not exactly in my current budget. I may have to....gulp... sell a couple saws to get one like that.

Welcome to the site. It's a rough go for canadians buying around here with our dollar in the dumpster. Selling is a different story.

Looking for cheap builders is usually left for kijiji if you can beat everyone else there. Where are you located? Like to know my competition

Welcome to the site. It's a rough go for canadians buying around here with our dollar in the dumpster. Selling is a different story.

Looking for cheap builders is usually left for kijiji if you can beat everyone else there. Where are you located? Like to know my competition
I'm in Nova Scotia. I constantly cruise Kijiji. I'm not necessarily looking for a cheap builder, just something that's more or less all there. Doesn't need to be pretty, as I use all my saws. And I'm not much in the way of competition... just another saw nut that is on the hunt. :surprised3:

Back