STIHL at Northern Tool?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Looks like only at certain stores.
For MN - Blaine, Minnetonka, White Bear Lake, Woodbury and Duluth.

Holy cr@p is right! That's some BS right there. I hope their dealers call them out, not that they can probably change anything.

On the bright side, maybe we'll finally get a good husky dealer around here if one of the stihl shops switches. I'd love to have something different around here.

The reason I heard that the big name stores do not carry Stihl is because they cannot service them, i.e., no repair facilities. Philbert's post #3 says it all.

Surprisingly, there are a few hardware stores that sell Stihl.

I've always heard this too but every Runnings (similar to Tractor Supply) I've ever been in is a Stihl dealer as well as quite a few hardware stores like you pointed out. I've never dealt with them so maybe they are very knowledgeable and can provide service but they feel similar to a big box store.

I walked into Home Depot once and asked the salesperson, "How do you rate Stihl chainsaws against Makita?
Answer: "I have no Idea. We rent Makita, not Stihl."
Then I asked, "Do you sell or rent Husqvarna chain saws?"
Answer: "No. I've never heard of Husqvarna."
Then I asked, "What about Echo? Do you sell or rent those?"
Answer: "Not that I know of. Never heard of that either. What can I help you with today?"
I answered, "Nothing. Have a good day."

Back