EBAY asking for Soc.Sec. Numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you say....."Cashless Society"........that's where this is all headed....this been years in the making.....nuthin' new....

I always assumed this was the case too but I was just reading an article about the amount of cash in circulation and apparently it isn’t going down. As a matter of fact the most popular bill in circulation is the $100. There are more $100 bills in circulation than any other bill.

Unless you are from New Hampshire or a few other states the buyer is responsible to figure out the sales tax and send it in. There are various exemptions, farm, church, most likely.

I don’t think NH is one of them as they don’t have sales tax anyway.

I did hear something about PayPal 1099’ing for over $600 in sales in Mass though.

One quick check for emails in general is hover your pointer over the name of the sender. It may say eBay customer service or something as words for the sender but when you hover over it it may be a garbage collection of letters and numbers. that’s an immediate red flag that it’s a different account. it’s not a full proof method but it weeds out 95% of the scammers.

I went to the sales record, and it didn't mention the tax, also checked my Paypal account, no mention there.
The only record of it is on the packing slip when I printed the label.
Going to the other packing slip/invoice links do not show it either.
Not sure if/how/when/who actually does what with the actual funds.......

slip 001.JPG

Latest posts

Back