How's this plug look?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboA2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ms461 28 tanks of fuel. Look okay? Lean?

Attachments

• 20190303_021446.jpg
    20190303_021446.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190303_021454.jpg
    20190303_021454.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
I tune for a living, and not just power equipment although we see a good bit of it here in the shop.

Difficult if not near impossible to determine correct tuning by reading plugs. This new fuel just doesn't leave much behind even if your tune is off some. In all cases tune for best power in the cut and the engine should INSTANTLY start "four-stroking" when you remove the load for an instant.

I tend to er just a tad on the rich side, but not enough to hurt power, I just make darned sure when I free-rev the engine or remove the load during a cut it instantly goes into four-stroke mode.

Even with that said some of these new coils can fool the tuner into thinking you have a correct "H" speed setting as they have build in rev-limiters or timing retard modules. That's why it is imperative to sneak up on the correct tune by starting out noticeable rich and leaning it up with each cut till you find the best power and little toward the rich side, not the lean side of things.........Cliff

Latest posts

Back