Attaching a lifeline

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tape

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have 60-70ft skinny pines I need to climb and cut starting from the top and it has no branches to tie onto. How to I attach a lifeline? do I just climb it then attach one close to the top? I will be gaffing up the tree.

Would like to hear your suggestions.

I have 60-70ft skinny pines I need to climb and cut starting from the top and it has no branches to tie onto. How to I attach a lifeline? do I just climb it then attach one close to the top? I will be gaffing up the tree.

Would like to hear your suggestions.
You need a lifeline as you call it a climbing line as I call it and also a safety lanyard so you are tied in with two separate things in case you cut or one fails! If you got to ask how ,how can you tie the proper knots and all? You need some help from a seasoned pro.

you guys act like I just got off the couch and decided to do tree work, like I never fell a tree or gaffed one

I’d bet the advice you recieved came from about 100 years of combined tree service experience. Listen to it.

th

You didn’t mention anything about your experience so nobody knows.

so what! I asked a question, I didn't ask only 30yr experience reply. those that did don't know the answer anyways, their answer is "hire someone" what a stupid answer! This forum is for asking questions and not for people answering to parrot what they read.

Back